Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, one of the most reputed Business school in terms of Placements and studies has disclosed the admission criteria for Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), Post Graduate Programme in Agribusiness Management (PGP-ABM) and Post Graduate Programme in Sustainability Management (PGP-SM) programmes for the 2019-21 batch. IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2019-21 is based on CAT score, Academic Qualification, work experience, Academic Discipline, gender, performance in WAT/PI etc
- Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Management
- Post Graduate Program in Agriculture Business Management (PGP-ABM)
- Post Graduate Program in Sustainable Management (PGP-SM)
- International Programme in Management for Executives (IPMX)
- Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2019-21
The IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2019-21 includes-
- candidate must have bachelor’s degree having at least cutoff marks.
- Those candidates who are still waiting for bachelor’s degree are eligible but only through a certificate signed by dean/head of department/registrar/director verifying that the candidate belongs to final year. Their marks for bachelor’s section would be of latest grade card.
- Submitting the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor’s degree examination held on or before June 30, 2019. The mark-sheet and the certificate need to submit before December 31, 2019.
- Admission Process is divided into two stages writing Ability test (WAP) and Personal Interview(PI), after clearing CAT Exam.
- For different Post Graduate Programmes, there is the different CAT SCORE cutoff of including section wise. Therefore, a candidate must not only clear total score criteria but should clear each sectional cutoff criteria.
VARC stands for VERBAL ABILITY AND READING COMPREHENSIONS
DILR stands for DATA INTERPRETATION AND LOGICAL REASONING
QA stands for QUANTITATIVE ABILITY
Shortlisting for WAT-PI stage:
All those candidates who are eligible according to previous criteria come under composite scoring. The following is the criteria for shortlisting candidates for WAP-PI stage.
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2019-21: Shortlisting Criteria
|CAT Score (CS)||60||60||60|
|Class XII Marks (12M)||10||10||10|
|Diversity Factor: Academic Discipline (DFa)||5||5 or 20||5|
|Diversity Factor: Gender (DFb)||5||5 or 0||5|
Shortlisting for WAT-PI Stage
- For shortlisting, there is 60% weightage of CAT score, 20% weight to Academics, 10% to Work Experience and 10% to Diversity factor.
- A candidate must have scored 90 percentile in overall CAT 2018 score.
- Academics have a special section in this criteria, candidates with the good academic record would be give priority.
- 98 & Above percentile marks in 10+2 standard will be awarded top rating of 10 points out of 100 and zero weightage if scored less than 80 percentile in 10+2 standard.
- During shortlisting criteria for IIM LUCKNOW 2019 , a female candidate will be given 5 points.
- Graduation Score has 10 points after applying normalization process for different streams.
- Work Experience will be counted till 31st july 2018 , it should be atleast of 6 months time period , paid and full time.
- Academic Diversity has weightage of 5 points which includes:
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2019-21: Final Selection Criteria
|PGP & PGP-SM||PGP-ABM|
|3||Academic Performance (12 Marks + Graduation Marks)||5 + 5||5 + 5|
|4||Diversity Factor (Academic + Gender)||5||5|
For PGP-ABM programme, the weightage for CAT score is higher than that assigned to PGP and PGP-SM course. On the other hand, while working experience is of five points for PGP and PGP-SM course, which is not considered for PGP-ABM course.
ACADEMIC DIVERSITY FOR PROGRAMMES:
Academic Disciplines (AD) for PGP/PGP-SM Programme: Arts/Humanities (including Anthropology, Archaeology, Education, Fine Arts (Dance, Music, Painting), Geography, History, Journalism, Languages, Library Science, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work/Welfare, Sociology)
Commerce/Economics: (including Accountancy, Auditing, Banking, Business Mathematics, Business, Administration, Business Organization, Commerce, Economics, Economic Development and Planning, Public Administration, Public Finance, Secretarial Practices), Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Works Accountancy, Company Secretaryship, Computer Application
Education (including Physical Education and Sports), Law, Medicine, Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Sciences (including Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Statistics
Academic Disciplines (AD) for PGP-ABM Programme:
Agriculture: (including Agriculture, Agronomy, Soil Science, Agricultural Biochemistry, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Entomology, Plant Pathology)
Science (including Biology, Biochemistry, Bio-technology (includes Biotechnology Engineering), Botany, Home Science, Life Science, Zoology), Animal Husbandry/Fisheries, Dairy Science/Technology, Forestry, Food Technology, Food Technology & Management, Horticulture, Rural Studies/Rural Sociology/Rural Cooperatives/Rural Banking, Agricultural Engineering, Veterinary Science.
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2019-21: Final Selection
All the candidates who have reached so far will participate in Final Selection round. The weightage for final selection is always pre-decided for individual post graduate programmes. Each Component has its weightage for contributing in final score after WAP-PI stage.
IIM Lucknow Admission Procedure
Following steps are included in the IIM Lucknow Admission procedure:
Step 1: The candidate must have scored the required score in CAT 2018 to be able to proceed forward for other processes.
Step 2: The candidates who have a valid CAT-2018 score, among them Candidates are short-listed for Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) who have applied to the programme and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for that programme of IIM Lucknow
Step 3: After the WAT & PI round, admission offers are made by IIM Lucknow to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in WAT & PI, academics, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements, work experience among others
Step 4: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2019 on the basis of Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the component.
In this article, we shared the details about IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria for Session 2019-21. Have any doubts or queries regarding this, you can discuss with us via the AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Keep updated for all latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also. And do like, share, and subscribe to AFTER GRADUATION channel on youtube.