The newly-setup Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship (ABVSME) in Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has opened MBA (Master of Business Administration) admission for its first batch (2019-20) of its two-year full-time MBA program.
The online application for MBA Admission is available from today January 20, 2019. Any candidate who is applying to get admission into the JNU MBA programme needs to submit the Common Admission Test, CAT 2018 registration number while filling the application form.
Eligibility criteria for ABVSME MBA Admission
- The applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. This degree qualification must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- For General Category candidates a minimum of 60% marks, for OBC Candidates a minimum of 55% marks and for SC/ST/PwD candidates a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree is required.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and awaiting results can also apply. If such candidates are selected, they will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate by a certain date (to be decided by the University in due course).
- Applicants needs to submit the Common Admission Test, CAT 2018 registration number while filling the application form.
Intake for the ABVSME MBA Programme
ABVSME will admit 50 students each year for the MBA program.
ABVSME MBA Admission Schedule
|Online Application process will begin||January 20, 2019|
|Last Date for Online application submission||March 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM|
|Interview of short-listed candidates||April 15, 16 and 18, 2019|
|Final Results Announcement||April 26, 2019|
|Begin the booking of seats||May 3, 2019, at 10:00 AM|
|Closing of the Seat Booking||May 6, 2019, at 11:59 PM|
|Announcement of the second list (if needed)||May 10, 2019|
|Begin of the booking of seats through a 2nd list||May 10, 2019, at 10:00 AM|
|Closing of the Seat Booking||May 14, 2019, at 11:59 PM|
|Begin of Academic Session||July 2019|
ABVSME MBA Admission Process
- The application is should register to be filled in and applied online on the JNU website.
- Application Fees for MBA Admission: A non-refundable application fee of Rs 2000 is to be paid by General Category and OBC applicants and Rs 1000 by SC/ST/PwD applicants.
- You have to submit scores of the Common Admission Test, CAT 2018 conducted by IIMs. All candidates applying for admission to the program must submit his/her CAT Test Registration Number.
- The JNU will use CAT scores for short-listing/selecting the candidates. IIMs have no role either in the ABVSME MBA selection process or in the conduct of the MBA programme.
- Those having applied to the ABVSME MBA programme, JNU will shortlist and then invite the candidates for an interview on qualifying the CAT Exam.
- The shortlisted candidates will then be invited for an interview. At least three times the number of intake in each category would be shortlisted for the interviews.
- The final list of selected candidates for admission will be based on CAT scores and the marks obtained in the interview. The weightage on CAT scores will be 70% and the weightage of marks obtained in the interviews will be 30%.
READ ALSO: MBA Admission Process And Preparation
ABVSME MBA Programme Fee Structure
The tuition fees for the entire Full-Time MBA Programme for Indian Citizens who have secured admission in the MBAE programme at ABVSME, JNU is as follows
For General Category Students the tuition fees will be of Rs. 12 Lakh payable in equal instalments (4 Semesters)
For OBC Students (Non-Creamy Layer) the tuition fee will be of Rs. 8 Lakh payable in equal instalments (4 Semesters)
For SC/ST/PWD Students the tuition fee will be of Rs. 6 Lakh payable in equal instalments (4 Semesters)
The Tuition fees for International Students for M.B.A. programme will be $ 32000 for 2 years ($ 8000 per Semester).
ABVSME, JNU will follow the reservation policy as per Government rules, since MBA is a professional course, no additional deprivation points will be taken into consideration for admission.
If You have any doubts or queries regarding “Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship (ABVSME) JNU 2-Year MBA Admission”, you can discuss with us via the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Connect with us for all latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.
Stay connected for World best Two year Full-Time, One Year MBA programme, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by AfterGraduation.