Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) have notified for the admission to its two years Full time MBA in International Business (IB) progamme for 2018-2020 session through its national level entrance exam. The programme can be pursued at IIFT Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh) campus.
As per the IIFT Institute latest official announcement, IIFT 2018 entrance exam date has been rescheduled and will now be held on December 3, 2017 from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon. Earlier, the exam was scheduled for November 26, 2017, which apparently is the same date when CAT 2017 is being held. Although IIFT entrance test is conducted on the last Sunday of November every year, owing to the exam date clash with CAT, this is the first time that IIFT entrance test is held in December.
The last date for submission of the online application for Indian citizens will be September 8, 2017. Foreign nationals and NRIs (non-resident Indians) will have to put in the application along with the GMAT score by February 15, 2018. The classes will start in the first week of July 2018.
IIFT describes the program as a foundation course for executives to meet the growing requirement for personnel in the field of international business management. MBA (IB) is a six-trimester general management program with a focus on international business. The programme aims at incorporating all the important areas and disciplines relevant to international business activities.
Eligibility Criteria for IIFT MBA (IB)
- Applicant should possess a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with 50% marks in Graduation (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Candidates appearing in final year of Graduation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 8th October 2018.
- There is no age limit
Registration Fees for IIFT MBA (IB)
- General/OBC candidates : Rs 1550/-
- SC/ST/PWD candidates : Rs 775/-
- Foreign National/NRI candidates : US$ 80 (INR 4500)
The registration fees need to pay either online through Credit/debit cards or demand draft in favour of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE, payable at NEW DELHI, since the candidate is required to fill in the details of the Demand Draft in the online application form.
|Last date to apply online||Friday, 15th September 2017|
| Last date for Request for Test Centre Change
(Centre Change Fee : 1000.00)
|Friday, 3rd November 2017|
|Downloading of Admit Card||Wednesday, 15th November 2017|
|Last date to apply online and submit GMAT score for Foreign Nationals and NRIs||Thursday, 15th February 2018|
|Written Examination|| Sunday, 03rd December 2017
10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
IIFT 2017 results are expected in fourth week of December 2017 or first week of January 2018.
For Both General/ Reserved Category Candidates :
- The selection will be on the basis of a Written Test, Group Discussion, Writing Skill Assessment and Interview.
- The written test will be held at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam.
- Based on the marks of the written test, a limited number of candidates will be invited for the second phase of selection process comprising Group Discussion, Writing Skill Assessment and Interview to be held at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
For Foreign Nationals and NRIs
- the admission is considered on the basis of General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score and interview. The GMAT result prior to January 1, 2016, would not be considered. The score should be received by the Institute latest by March 31, 2018. The last date to submit the application fee is February 15, 2018.
The admission test will be in multiple choice objective type format (in English). The 2-hour test comprises questions on English comprehension, General Knowledge & Awareness, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Analysis.
Tuition Fee & Other Expenses
The tuition fee as per figures available (for the 2017-19 programme) is Rs 15,70,000 per annum for the General/OBC (NCL) Category. It is Rs 7,85,000 per annum for SC/ST/PH/ categories.
The fees for Foreign National /NRI/Children of NRI will be US$ 60,000 per annum. Other charges including the library, computer and alumni subscription will be Rs 55,000 for the whole course.
The exact amount of tuition fee and other charges, applicable for MBA(IB) 2018-20 programme will be informed to the shortlisted students at the time of sending the offer letters in March/ April 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and Eligible aspirants can apply online through the link provided. Click here .Before proceeding the online application form, candidate should be ready with online/offline mode of payment.