Now CA CPT has renamed as CA Foundation course which is applicable from July 01, 2017. Candidates who registered after 1st July 2017 will comes under Revised New CA Course. Online examination forms will be available from February 05, 2018.
CA Foundation course, earlier known as CPT (Common Proficiency Test) is the first step to become Chartered Accountant. The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the next CA Foundation May 2018 exam. ICAI’s CA Foundation exam will be conducted twice a year in the months of May and November. CA Foundation New syllabus will be applicable for May 2018 exams.
ICAI will give some fixed number of attempts to complete CA CPT of the old syllabus for earlier registration students. Earlier, CPT is conducted in one day in morning and afternoon sessions. But now CA Foundation exam will be conducted in 4 days in the morning session as per ICAI guidelines. There are 4 papers in CA Foundation course from May 2018. ICAI introduced general English and Business and Commercial Knowledge subjects in CA Foundation new syllabus.
This article contains the complete information of CA Foundation May 2018 Exam – Time Table, Fees, Exam Date Sheet, Eligibility criteria, Application form and other details.
CA Foundation May 2018 Application Window
Opening and Closing of Online window for receipt of CA Foundation May 2018 Exam application forms have been provided below –
|Opening of online examination form window||February 05, 2018 (Monday)|
|Last date for submission of online examination form (without late fee)||February 26, 2018 (Monday)|
|Last date for submission of online examination form (with late fee)||March 05, 2018 (Monday)|
|Start of Exam||May 10, 2018 (Thursday)|
CA Foundation May 2018 Examination Time Table
CA Foundation May 2018 Exam will be conducted in the morning session from 10:30 am to 01:30 pm. Time Table has been provided below –
|Principles and Practice of Accounting||May 10, 2018|
|Business Law and Business Correspondence and Reporting||May 12, 2018|
|Business mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics||May 14, 2018|
|Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge||May 16, 2018|
Click here for CA Foundation 2018 Syllabus
Subjects in CA Foundation May 2018 Course
Paper I: Principles and Practices of Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper 2: Mercantile Law & General English (100 Marks)
- Part I: Mercantile Law (60 Marks)
- Part II: General English (40 Marks)
Paper 3*: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
- Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
Paper 4*: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
*Paper 3 and Paper 4 will be Objective type papers
Exam Fee for CA Foundation May 2018
|For Centres in India||Rs. 1500/-|
|For Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat Centres||US $ 325/-|
|For Kathmandu Centre||INR 2200/-|
Interested and eligible students can remit the examination fee online by using either VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card. They shall, however, be required to remit additional INR 600/- towards late fee (for Domestic & Kathmandu centres) and US$ 10 (for other Overseas centres) in case the application online is made after February 27, 2018, and up to March 05, 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for CA Foundation May 2018 Examination Form
- The aforesaid CA Foundation exam is open only to students registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Course on or before Dec 31, 2017, and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.
- Candidates who have applied on or before Dec 31, 2017, for CA Foundation registration with Regional offices of the Institute / Online but have not yet been issued registration number, can also apply for admission to CA Foundation May 2018 Examination on Provisional basis; subject to their submission of a copy of their registration letter to the Examination Department at a later stage but before issue of Admit Cards.
CA Exam Centres
Total 192 major cities and places are located as Examination Centres in India, provided that the sufficient number of candidates offers themselves to appear from the centre. There are also overseas centres for students –
- Abu Dhabi
The Council reserves the right to withdraw any centre at any stage without assigning any reason.
CA Foundation Application Form for May 2018 Exams
- The Application Form for CA Foundation May 2018 examination can be filled online from February 05, 2018 to 26th February 2017.
- February 26, 2018, is the last date for submission of filled up examination application form without late fees and until March 05, 2018 with late fees.
- All candidates in respect of Foundation Examinations will be required to apply online at http://icaiexam.icai.org and also pay the applicable examination fee online only.
Please Also Note
- Last date for submission of online examination form without late fee – February 26, 2018
- Please note that sale & submission of OMR examination application form has been discontinued w.e.f. May 2017 examinations onward.
- Candidates of CA Foundation May 2018 Examinations will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium for answering papers. Detailed information will be found printed in the Guidance Notes, available on the ICAI website.
Here you got the details about ICAI’s CA Foundation May 2018 Exam and its Application Schedule. Have any doubts or comments, you can post either on the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Connect with us for more updates, follow Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org