ICAI has announced the CA May 2019 Exams date sheet for the Foundation Course, under New Scheme. As per ICAI announced Exam Date Sheet, CA Foundation May 2019 Exams will begin from Friday, 10th May 2019. Students must note that the CA Foundation May 2019 Exam will be held in the afternoon session and there is a gap of one day each between each exam.
CA Foundation course (CPT) is the first step to become a Chartered Accountant. The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the next CA Foundation exam. ICAI’s CA Foundation exam will be conducted in the months of May and November every year.
CPT June 2019 will be conducted in one day on June 16, in morning and afternoon sessions. But CA Foundation exam will be conducted in 4 days in the afternoon session as per ICAI guidelines. ICAI introduced general English, Logical Reasoning, Statics, and Business and Commercial Knowledge subjects in CA Foundation new syllabus.
This article contains the complete information of CA Foundation May 2019 Exam – Time Table, Fees, Exam Date Sheet, Eligibility criteria, Application form and other details.
CA Foundation Exam May 2019 Application Window
Opening and Closing of Online application window for receipt of CA Foundation May 2019 Exam have been provided below –
|Opening of the online examination form window||February 20, 2019 (Wednesday)|
|Last date for submission of online examination form (without late fee)||March 12, 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Last date for submission of online examination form (with late fee)||March 19, 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Start of CA Foundation May 2019 Exam||May 10, 2019 (Friday)|
READ Too: Course Options Available With CA Or CS
CA Foundation May 2019 Examination Time Table
CA Foundation May 2019 Exam will be conducted in the afternoon session from 02:00 pm. Time Table has been provided below –
|Subject and Marks||Exam Date and Time|
|Paper 1: Principles and Practice of Accounting (100 Marks)||May 10, 2019
2:00 – 05:00 PM
|Paper 2: Business Law and Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 Marks)
||May 12, 2019,
|Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics (100 marks)
||May 14, 2019
|Paper 4: Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
||May 16, 2019
Click here for CA Foundation 2019 Syllabus
*Paper 3 and Paper 4 will be Objective type and of 2 hours duration, means from 02:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Candidates of CA Foundation Examinations will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium for answering papers, check the information and Guidance Notes, available on the ICAI website.
CA Foundation Exam Fee
|For Centres in India||Rs. 1500/-|
|For Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat Centres||US $ 325/-|
|For Kathmandu Centre||INR 2200/-|
Interested and eligible students can remit the examination fee online by using either VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card/Rupay Card/ Net Banking. In case the online application is made after March 12, 2019, and up to March 19, 2019, the applicant needs to remit additional as late fees –
- INR 600/- for Domestic & Kathmandu centres, and
- US$ 10 for other Overseas centres.
Eligibility Criteria to Appear for CA Foundation Examination
- The aforesaid CA Foundation exam is open only to students registered with the ICAI for the Common Proficiency Course on or before Dec 31, 2018, and fulfil the requisite eligibility conditions.
- Candidates who have applied on or before Dec 31, 2018, for CA Foundation Course registration with Regional offices of the Institute / Online but have not yet been issued registration number, can also apply for admission to CA Foundation May 2019 Examination on Provisional Basis. In such case, the applicant has to submit a copy of their registration letter to the Examination Department at a later stage but before the issue of Admit Cards.
ICAI Exam Centres
Council has chosen a total of 193 major cities and places as ICAI Examination Centres in India provided that the sufficient number of candidates offers themselves to appear from the centre. There are also 5 below overseas centres for students –
- Abu Dhabi
The Council of ICAI reserves the right to withdraw any examination centre at any stage without assigning any reason.
CA Foundation Application Form
- The Application Form for CA Foundation May 2019 examination can be filled online only, from February 20, 2019, to March 12, 2018.
- March 12, 2019, is the last date for submission of filled up examination application form without late fees and until March 19, 2019, with late fees.
- All candidates in respect of Foundation Examinations will be required to apply online at http://icaiexam.icai.org and also pay the applicable examination fee online only.
Here you got the details about ICAI’s CA Foundation May 2019 Exam and its Application Schedule. Have any doubts or comments, you can post in the below comment box.
Stay connected with us for regular updates on Higher Education, Professional Course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information. Connect with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also for more updates on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post qualification courses and their preparation.