The registration process for CAT 2018, the admission gateway to Indian 20 premium management schools – IIMs and many other top B-schools across India for the two year full-time management programmes and Fellowship Programmes in Management has started on August 08, 2018. The Eligible and interested students need to check the below article for CAT Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees, IIM Selection procedure, reservation etc and complete the CAT 2018 registration before the last date i.e September 25, 2018, by 05:00 pm.
IIM Calcutta has released the CAT 2018 application form on August 08, 2018 around 10:30 am. IIM Calcutta will conduct computer-based Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018) on Sunday, November 25, 2018, in two sessions while the registration has already started from August 8, 2018. CAT 2018 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs. CAT 2018 Scores are allowed to be used by listed Non-IIM member institutions also for admission to their management programmes. A list of such institutions is provided on CAT website.
AfterGraduation here guide the students to know about CAT 2018 Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, CAT 2018 test centers, CAT 2018 registration process, fees, Admission procedure in IIMs among other details.
CAT 2018 Schedule
|CAT 2018 Official Notification||July 29, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Registration commencement||Aug 8, 2018, Wednesday @ iimcat.ac.in|
|Last date of application||Sep 19, 2018, Wednesday at 05:00 PM|
|The release of Admit Card||Oct 24, 2018, Wednesday 01:00 PM|
|CAT 2018 Entrance Exam||Nov.25, 2018|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Result||Second week of January 2019 (tentative)|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2018
As per CAT 2018 Notification, Candidates applying for CAT 2018 should fulfil any one of the following conditions:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any recognized University or educational institution or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected need to submit a certificate stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
CAT 2018 Test Centres
CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across around 147 test cities. Candidates will be given option to select any four test cities in order of their preference. The cities and centres will be assigned after September 19, Convenor-CAT 2018, Prof Sumanta Basu was quoted as saying in the statement.
- As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC), and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
CAT 2018 Registration Fee
- For SC, ST and PwD category candidates – INR 950
- For all other categories of candidates – INR 1900.
According to CAT 2018 Notification, a candidate needs to pay the registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
CAT 2018 Registration Process
CAT 2018 registration steps are simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can do multiple logins to complete the process as follows:
- Access CAT 2018 official website.
- Create a Profile with your email id and contact no.
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Enter the details requisite in the Application form and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card
Guidelines for CAT 2018 registration process
- Once you create a profile after login as new user on ‘Register now’ and receive your system generated User ID and Password as SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘existing user’ with the received ID & Password
- In a few minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive a User ID on the registered email with the subject line CAT 2018 Login Details. Ensure to check your mailbox immediately and in case you don’t find it there also check the spam mail.
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2018 application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT registration form
- The CAT 2018 online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2018 registration process, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2018 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After successful submission of the application form, modification to any information on the application form are not possible
Admission Process in IIMs
- IIMs are independent to mandate their own eligibility criteria (including academic cut-offs and relative weights) and follow different selection processes.
- Performance in CAT 2018 examination is an important component for consideration in the selection process.
- IIMs may also use previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short-listing of candidates at various stages of the selection process.
- For more information, candidates must refer to the respective websites of the IlMs.
READ MORE: Top 10 MBA Entrance Exams To Appear In 2018
All the very Best to CAT 2018 Aspirants. Here you got the details of CAT 2018 Notification – Eligibility Criteria, IIM’s Management Programs and Admission, CAT 2018 Application Fees, and other.
Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding this article, on our Aftergraduation Forum or in below comment box. Connect with us for more updates on Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.
Stay connected for World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by Aftergraduation.