The online registration process for the Common Admission Test, CAT 2019 has started from August 07. MBA aspirants through CAT exam will have more than one month’s time to fill the CAT 2019 online application form. CAT 2019 online registration process begins @ iimcat.ac.in and will close on September 18, 2019.
CAT 2019 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs and other Business Schools which are listed on the official website, iimcat.ac.in. This will be the first CAT examination in which recently added 10 per cent reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) candidates will be applicable.
Important Points Applicants Should Know
1 The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will conduct a computer-based MBA Entrance exam Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT 2019) on Sunday, November 24, 2019 in two sessions. CAT 2019 exam will be conducted at 374 centres spread across around 156 test cities.
2. CAT 2019 online registration process will be held at iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2019 online application process started from August 7. Professor Shubhasis Dey of IIM Kozhikode is the Convener of CAT 2019. 6. The online registration for CAT 2019 will close on September 18, 2019.
3. The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institute or university, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) reserved categories]. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification or awaiting respective results can also apply for CAT exam.
4. Reservation in IIMs are as per government norms, As per the legal requirements, total seats reserved as
- 15% of the seats for SC candidates,
- 7.5% for ST candidates,
- 27% of the seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC),
- 10% for EWS candidates, and
- 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
5. CAT 2019 registration fees for General/EWS/NC-OBC candidate is Rs. 1900 while an SC/ST/PwD candidate it is Rs. 950. The bank charges will be the additional charges.
6. CAT admit card will be released on October 23, 2019. Applicants will be able to download the admit card for the exam from October 23 onwards, till the date of the test.
7. The duration of the CAT examination is of three hours (180 minutes). The examination will be held online with a total of 100 questions. There are two types of questions asked in the examination – MCQ and Subjective type of Question. There will be three sections:
Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability
8. The CAT results are likely to be declared by the second week of January 2020. The CAT 2019 score is valid only till December 31, 2020, and will accordingly be accessible on the CAT 2019 official website.
9. The CAT 2019 scores are used by IIMs and other listed non-IIM member institutions. A list of non-IIM member institutions that have registered to avail the CAT 2019 cores is provided at www.iimcat.ac.in.
10. The admission process may be different for each IIM as well as other institutes and candidates must apply separately for each. The selection process includes valid CAT 2019 scores for shortlisting and factors like performance in WAT, GD and PI.
All the Best CAT 2019 Aspirants..!!
Here you got the details on CAT 2019 Notification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Registration Process and Other Details. Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding this article, on our AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Connect with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also for all latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams and their preparation, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes.
World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by AfterGraduation.