The examination date for civil services preliminary examination 2018 has been released by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The application form for the Civil Services Exam 2018 will be available by February 7, 2018. The exam is held for prestigious posts in the administration including IAS, IRS, IPS, IFS etc. Candidates after graduation from any recognized institute or university, can apply for the Civil services Examination.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the examination date for civil services preliminary examination 2018. As per the schedule put on their official website , the exam is scheduled to be conducted on June 3, 2018. The application for the same will be available by February 7, 2018.
The Civil Services preliminary exam for this year (2017) is all set to be conducted on June 18, 2017. The candidates who haven’t downloaded their admit cards yet are required to do so at the earliest from here.
Civil Services Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is necessary for Civil Services Exam aspirants to fulfill all the eligibility criteria to apply for the examination.
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- The interested candidates have to be a graduate from any discipline from a recognized institute or university. Appearing candidates in final year can also apply.
- The minimum and maximum age of the candidates must be 21 years and 32 years respectively.
- The candidates of the reserved category will be given relaxation in the upper age.
- The relaxation in the upper age for the candidates of the SC and ST category will be 5 years and for OBC category will get the age relaxation of 3 years.
READ Too: 7 Preparation Tips To Crack UPSC Prelims
Number of Attempts for Civil Services Exam
The number of times a candidate may attempt the exam is limited as follows:
- Applying to sit the exam but failing to attend is not counted as an attempt.
- In the preliminary examination appearing to attempt one of the papers is counted as an attempt, including disqualification/cancellation of candidature.
Civil Services Exam Pattern
There are three stages of the Civil Services Exam – Preliminary examination, Main examination and Personality Test (interview). The exam pattern of Preliminary exam will be as given below:
- The preliminary examination consists of two question papers – General Studies (GS) and Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT) of objective types (multiple type questions) and carries a maximum of 200 marks each.
- The pre-exam question papers will be set in both Hindi and English and maximum duration is of 2 hours for each paper.
- The preliminary examination will consist of two papers in the subjects set out in sub-section (A) of section II . The General Studies paper will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33 per cent
- The pre exam will be conducted on the same day in two shifts i.e. in the morning and evening shifts.
READ ALSO: 7 Mistakes Prevents To Crack UPSC Exam
Details of the Civil Services Pre Exam
|S.No.||Papers||Details of the question papers||Total Marks||Total Time|
|1.||Paper – I
|General Studies – This paper will be counted for qualifying to write the Civil Services Mains exam.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
|2.||Paper- II (CSAT)||Aptitude test (CSAT) – This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper. However, marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
|Total||400 Marks||4 Hours|
After the commencement of the Civil Services Pre Exam, candidates will get the result within 4 or 5 weeks. And those, who qualify the pre-exam, will be eligible to appear in the mains exam.
Here you got the details about Civil Services Exam 2018 Schedule. Have any queries regarding Civil Services Exam, you can ask us via the AfterGraduation Forum. Share this article “Civil Services Exam 2018 Schedule Released By UPSC” to your friends and known , who are going to attempt Civil Services Exam 2018. Connect with us through Facebook and Twitter.