The Institute of the Chartered Accountants of India has launched an ICAI scholarship scheme for the wards of Military/Para Military/ Railways Personnel to salute those who serve and secure our independent sovereignty. The scholarship will be awarded to 75 students on merit- basis. The Career Counseling Group, ICAI has launched this “Scheme for the Award of Scholarship” with an aim to promote the commerce education with special focus on Chartered Accountancy (CA) course amongst Secondary, Senior/Higher Secondary & Graduate/ Postgraduate students.
The scholarship will be granted to the 75 meritorious wards of the following persons –
- Military personnel i.e. Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force & Para Military Forces i.e. Indian Coast Guard, Assam Rifles, Special Frontier Force, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Security Guard (NSG), Special Protection Group (SPG) etc.
- Indian Railway employees.
About ICAI Scholarship Scheme
- This Special Scheme shall be effective from the year 2018 to 2022.
- Total 75 Meritorious Students will be awarded the scholarship. Out of 75 scholarships, 50 scholarships will be awarded to children of Military & paramilitary personnel & 25 scholarships to wards of personnel in Railways.
- The ICAI Scholarship scheme is also applicable for the wards of retired personnel.
- As per the ICAI Scholarship scheme, 50% of the CA course fee will be adjusted at the time of registration to the Foundation, Intermediate & Final Course.
- However, the scholarship is admissible for only one child per family.
- The scholarship is only for the students who wish to pursue CA course in the future.
- The applicant will be shortlisted on the basis of merit rank in Commerce Wizard Test.
- The applicants irrespective of his/ her marital status are eligible.
Eligibility for the Common Wizard Test
- Students appearing in class IX / X / XI / XII, B.Com / BBA / BMS / Allied Subjects and Students registered under Open learning Examination are eligible for writing the Common wizard Test.
ICAI Commerce Wizard 2018
The candidates have to undergo a Commerce Talent Search Test called as Commerce Wizard, which is a diagnostic test to measure the concept understanding ability of a student.
- The aforesaid test will be conducted in English language only.
- The aforesaid test will be an objective type test of 75 minutes duration comprising 100 Multiple choice questions, 25 questions (marks) from each subject according to the level.
- The test would be Online.
- There would be two level of test to finalize the meritorious and scholarship-eligible students.
- Level -1 (Online Test) – for the students of CBSE /ICSE or any national boards or open schools and various state boards conducting Secondary/Senior Secondary Examinations.
- Level – 2 (Online test) for the shortlisted candidates after Level -1 test.
ICAI Commerce Wizard 2018 Test Schedule
|Level-I (Online test)||December 16, 2018 (Sunday)||11:45 AM to 1:00 PM for Class IX and X
2:00 PM to 3:15 PM for Class XI and XII
4:15 PM to 5:30 PM for B.Com./BBA/BMS/Allied Subjects
(Online Mode in the designated test centre)
|December 23, 2018 (Sunday)||09:00 am to 10:15 am for Class IX
10:45 am to 12:00 pm for Class X
12:45 pm to 2:00 pm Class XI
2:45 pm to 4:00 pm for Class XII
4:30 pm to 5:45 pm for B.Com./BBA/BMS/Allied Subjects
Registrations Schedule and Application Fees for ICAI Scholarship Scheme
Candidate can fill the registration forms online at http://icaicommercewizard.org/register before the due date.
|Event||Date & Timing|
|Last date for Online Registration (For Individual & School registration)||October 31, 2018|
|Online Registration with late fees (For Individual & School registration)||After October 31, 2018|
|Date of the Test (First Level)||December 16, 2018 (Sunday)|
|Date & Timing of the Test (Second Level)||December 23, 2018 (Sunday)|
Interested and eligible candidates can register online through the dedicated website. The application fees for ICAI Scholarship Scheme can be paid through the Credit Card or Debit Card (ATM Card) or net banking.
The payment of registration fee within due date – Rs 100/- (Inclusive all the Taxes)
The payment of registration fee after due date – Rs 150/- (Inclusive all the Taxes)
Here you got the details about ‘ICAI Scholarship Scheme for 75 Wards of Military/ Para Military/ Railways Personnel’. Have any doubts or comments, you can post either on above query box or in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for more on Higher Education, Professional Course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information. Connect with us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post qualification courses and their preparation.