The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced to conduct a lateral placement for experienced CAs, the Chartered Accountants having 5 years or more of experience. This is another initiative on the part of the ICAI’s Committee for Members in Industry & Business (CMI&B), in the form of potential opportunity for the Chartered Accountants to secure career advancement in the leading organizations.
This lateral placement for experienced CAs is being organised on 25th-28th June 2019 in Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi. CA professionals who have 5-year or more experience and looking for another opportunity are only eligible to apply for this lateral placement.
Lateral placement is a platform specifically designed and aims to provide placement opportunities to the Experienced Chartered Accountants. This is an extended dimension by ICAI to the existing Campus placement programmes at the Institute, which is organised twice a year to provide employment opportunities to the newly-qualified Chartered Accountants. Interested and eligible candidates may check the eligibility, fees, schedule, ICAI’s Guidelines for lateral placement etc details and apply accordingly.
Eligibility For ICAI Lateral Placement
- A Chartered Accountant having a membership as on 31st May 2014 or prior to that.
- Minimum working experience of 5 years.
Lateral Placement for Experienced CAs Interview Schedule
|Centre Name||Date of interview|
|Chennai||25th June 2019|
|Kolkata||26th June 2019|
|Mumbai||27th June 2019|
|New Delhi||28th June 2019|
Lateral Placement for Experienced CAs – Activities Schedule
|1||The start date for Member registration||7th June 2019|
|2.||Last date for Member registration||12th June 2019|
|3.||Opening of the database for companies||14th June 2019|
|4.||Shortlisting by Companies||14th to 18th June 2019|
|5.||Consent sending by Members||19th to 20th June 2019|
|6.||Online Psychometric and written test||22nd June 2019|
|7.||Date of Interview||25th to 28th June 2019|
Timings of the Programme: 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m
Members who wish to register for the placement shall be required to remit a registration cum participation fee (non-refundable) amounting to Rs 1,000/.
Guidelines for the Members Participating in Lateral Placement
- The members must register online at https://cmib.icai.org/ under the head ‘Lateral Placement’.
- A member can select only three (3) recruiting entity irrespective of the number of recruiting entities shortlisted him/her.
- An applicant can opt for only one centre for appearing in the interview.
- Once finally selected by any company and on accepting the offer by signing the offer letter of respective organisation/declaration provided by ICAI, the member cannot appear for any other interview or accept a job from the other recruiting organisation that have interviewed him/her earlier in Lateral placement.
- The last dates for filling up online application forms for the members, shortlisting details, consent for appearing in the interviews of the various participating organizations will be as per the details published at https://cmib.icai.org/
- The Submission of the form for the Lateral Placement would be considered complete only after clicking the submitting the Registration Form and making the payment.
- Kindly note that NO TA/DA or stay arrangements will be provided by CMI&B of ICAI
- ICAI reserves the right to change its policy or change the guidelines of the programme at any point of time at its discretion.
- ICAI does not guarantee that the Members who have filled in the data will be actually present in the interview or after selection he would join the organization.
- It is the responsibility of the recruiters to ascertain the accuracy of the credentials furnished by the members at the time of interviews.
ICAI 49th Campus Placement Programme
In the recently concluded 49th Campus Placement programme at 17 centres across the nation, more than 9000 newly-qualified CAs registered and a total of highest-ever 3,815 offers were made in a number of industries with a record 57.21 per cent placement and highest-ever participation of recruiting national and international companies since the inception of the Institute.
The Second round of placement was also organized on 24th-26th April 2019, at 13 centres for the first time for left-out candidates to help them with job offers, where 46 organisations and their 58 interview teams participated. Around 600 candidates appeared for the interview and 113 offers were made.
“With about 1,500 more offers made than what our newly-qualified CAs had got last year and with a two-fold increase in the highest salary offered, this positive development certainly indicates a higher demand for Chartered Accountants across sectors this year and at a brighter future ahead. This trend is quite encouraging for the profession, considering the increased focus on regulatory compliances and best governance practices in present times,” ICAI Chief CA. Prafulla P Chhajed said in a statement.
Here you got the details about ‘ICAI to conduct Lateral Placement for Experienced CAs, Chartered Accountants”. Have any doubts or comments, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum or through the below comment box. Share this article with your friends, who are a member of ICAI and Job Seeker.
Stay connected on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post qualification courses and their preparation, Higher Education, Professional Course, Entrance Exams and Preparations, Career Guidance among other information.