CMA course has become so popular that commerce students want to pursue a career in this field. Cost & Management Accountancy (CMA) is the primary qualification of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) [previously known as the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI)] and following completion of up to three levels (Foundation, Intermediate and Final) examinations and three years of practical training in areas like Management Accounting, Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Taxation, Audits, Corporate Laws etc. enables an individual to become a Cost & Management Accountant.
CMA is the fast-growing field in the commerce. Students are curious about its membership, subjects, syllabus, exam dates, career opportunities and other related information, so here AfterGraduation is providing the highlight of the CMA course and its scope in terms of career.
Stages of CMA Course
- CMA Foundation,
- CMA Intermediate,
- CMA Final
Students should clear these three stages if they want to become a qualified CMA. For the CMA Foundation exam, a student should clear their 12th exams. Students are exempted from ICMAI Foundation exam if they have any graduate degree or cleared the CPT (CA Foundation) or CS Foundation course. Those students can directly enter into CMA Intermediate programme. CMA foundation exam is conducted two times in a year by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India in the months of June and December.
AfterGraduation is here to provide you with a glance of CMA examinations, eligibility, Duration of the course, fees, how to get it, syllabus, career opportunity etc.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CMA FOUNDATION, INTER AND FINAL
Eligibility Criteria for CMA Foundation
- A student should be Secondary (10th class) cleared from a recognized Board or Institution for registration.
- Students who have cleared 12th Board Examination by the Central Government or by National Diploma in Commerce Examination or Diploma in Rural Service Examination are eligible to appear for the exam.
Eligibility Criteria for CMA Intermediate
- 12th and Foundation Course should be passed by the students.
- Graduation in any discipline other than Fine Arts.
- Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination of CAT of the Institute.
- Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination and Competency Level Part II Examination of CAT of the Institute.
- Passed Foundation of ICSI/Intermediate of ICAI by whatever name called along with 10+2.
Eligibility Criteria for CMA Final
- A candidate should have passed Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2) and Foundation Course of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- Graduation in any discipline other than Fine Arts.
- Cleared CMA Intermediate Exam.
CMA Course Examinations
The exams are conducted two times in a year in the month of June and December; the exam is conducted by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India. You will be eligible for CMA Inter. ICMAI Foundations Exams require graduate degree If you have the graduation degree then you are directly eligible for CMA inter.
|ICMAI or CMA Course Registration Last Dates|
|For June Examination||31st January of the same calendar year|
|For December Examination||31st July of the same year|
CMA Course Subjects
Total 20 papers in CMA Foundation, Inter, and Final exam.
CMA Foundation Course:
Paper 1: Fundamentals of Economics and Management
Paper 2: Fundamentals of Accounting
Paper 3: Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
Paper 4: Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & Statistic
CMA Inter Course:
Paper 5 Financial Accounting
Paper 6 Laws, Ethics and Governance
Paper 7 Direct Taxation
Paper 8 Cost accounting and financial management
Paper 9 Operation Management Information System
Paper 10 Cost and Management Accounting
Paper 11 Indirect Taxation
Paper 12 Company Accounts & Audit
CMA Final Course:
Paper 13- Corporate Laws and Compliance
Paper 14- Advanced Financial Management
Paper 15- Business Strategy & Strategic Cost Management
Paper 16- Tax Management and Practice
Paper 17- Strategic Performance Management
Paper 18- Corporate Financial Reporting
Paper 19- Cost and Management Audit
Paper 20- Financial Analysis & Business Valuation
CMA Course Fee Details
Read below ICMAI or CMA Foundation Inter and Final Fee Details.
|ICMAI or CMA Foundation Inter and Final Fee Details|
|Course||Fees in INR|
Career Opportunities for CMAs
- Management and cost accounting
- Financial accounting
- Financial Risk Management
- Management Consulting & Performance Management
- Financial Planning
- Financial Analysis
- Corporate Finance (M&A, IPO, Share & Debt Issues)
- Venture Capital
- Internal Auditing
- Corporate Governance
Candidates will get great career opportunities in firms like private sectors, government offices, etc if they qualify the CMA. Hence, commerce students must follow CMA course.
Here you got the details about CMA Course and its Career opportunities. Have any doubts regarding the CMA Course, its eligibility, examinations, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum or post your comments or queries in the below comment box. Share this article with your friends and Known, who want to enhance their qualification and professional Career. Stay in touch with us for more on higher education, Professional course, entrance exams update, Career Guidance among other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.