The last date of admission for four-semester M.Tech Programmes offered in various disciplines and programmes by different departments of IIT Madras is extended till April 17, 2018. MTech aspirants who are seeking admission at IIT Madras need to apply online before the last date i.e April 17, 2018 (Tuesday) (23:59 hours). Candidates who have GATE qualified scores are eligible to apply for IIT Madras MTech 2018 Admission.
Non-GATE candidates are required to appear for a written test for availing admissions. MTech aspirants can check eligibility criteria, application procedure, important dates and other details regarding the IIT Madras MTech 2018 Admission on this page.
M.Tech Programmes in Various Departments at IIT Madras
|Department||MTech Programmes||Total No. of Seats/Intake|
|Department of Aerospace Engineering||M.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering||25|
|Department of Applied Mechanics||Computational and Experimental Mechanics||14|
|Department of Biotechnology||M.Tech. in Bioprocess Engineering||15|
|Department of Chemical Engineering||M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering||32|
|Department of Civil Engineering||Building Technology and Construction Management||9|
|Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering||11|
|Department of Computer Science and Engg||M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engg||57|
|Department of Electrical Engineering||Communication and Signal Processing||19|
|Power Systems and Power Electronics||13|
|Microelectronics and VLSI Design||14|
|Control and Instrumentation||13|
|Microelectronics and Photonics||10|
|Integrated Circuits and Systems||13|
|Department of Mathematics||M.Tech. in Industrial Mathematics and Scientific Computing||23|
|Department of Mechanical Engineering||Thermal Engineering||40|
|Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||M.Tech. in Metallurgical and Materials Engg.||24|
|Department of Ocean Engineering||Ocean Engineering||18|
|Department of Physics||M.Tech. in Functional Materials and Nanotechnology||12|
|Interdisciplinary M.Tech. Programmes||M .Tech. in Catalysis Technology (Co-ordinating Dept. – Chemical Engg.)||6|
|M.Tech. in Clinical Engineering (Co-ordinating Dept. – Biotechnology)||16|
|M .Tech. in Petroleum Engineering (Co-ordinating Dept. – Ocean Engg.)||12|
|Total Number of Seats||508|
Assistantship: Candidates admitted to M.Tech. programme are offered Half-time Teaching Assistantship (HTTA) of Rs.12,400/-p.m. Admission to a few additional candidates who are under merit list may also be offered without HTTA. They may get HTTA after 6 months depending on vacancy. Meritorious M.Tech. students are eligible for upgradation to PhD programme after one year. A limited number of selected candidates will get the opportunity to do M.Tech. project in Germany under DAAD fellowship scheme. Apart from this there are many other fellowship schemes.
IIT Madras MTech 2018 Admission Important Dates
|1.||Start of Online Application Process||March 7, 2018 (Wednesday) 11:00|
|2.||Last date for online application||April 17, 2018 23:59 hrs|
|3.||Suitability Test/ Interview for relevant candidates||April 28, 2018|
|4.||Date of reporting for admission||July 23, 2018 (Monday)|
|5.||Date for Additional Round of offers after the Admission Day for vacant seats||July 24, 2018 / July 25, 2018|
|6.||Orientation Programme, Photo Session and Workflow Enrolment||July 26-27, 2018|
|7.||Commencement||July 30, 2018|
IIT Madras MTech Admission 2018 Procedure
- All Qualified GATE Candidates, who have submitted the application for M.Tech. admission should also register at Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) for making a decision against admission offers (if any). Click here to visit COAP 2018 website. Registration on COAP is open.
- After successful completion of registration at COAP, a candidate will be able to access information on his/her offers made (if any) from the participating Institutes during the time windows to be announced on the COAP portal.
IIT Madras MTech Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A. FOR GATE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
Candidates qualified in GATE 2016, GATE 2017 or GATE 2018 and have passed any one of the following qualifying degrees:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from educational Institutions approved by AICTE/ Government*
- Master’s degree in Chemistry/Life Sciences/Mathematics/Physics related subjects from educational institutions approved by UGC/Government.
- Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree and whose results are likely to be declared by July 15, 2018.
- Associate membership holders of professional bodies for admission into their parent disciplines from following:
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (AMIE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AMAeSI) (eligible only for aerodynamics, structures and propulsions streams)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (AMIIM)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (AMIIChemE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (AMIETE).
B. FOR IIT GRADUATES
Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. Degree and having CGPA of 8.0 (on a scale of 10) and above (7.5 for SC/ST) for others can apply without GATE Score. These applications will be reviewed by the respective Department(s).
C. FOR SPONSORED CANDIDATES
B.E. /B.Tech first class or 60% aggregate marks in all the four years or AMIE or any other Associate membership (no need for having GATE score) and Sponsored by industry/government organizations/private and public enterprises recognized by DST engaged in R&D work/engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, with two years of professional experience.
IIT Madras MTech 2018 Application Procedure
Application Fees (per application): Rs.200 /- for SC/ ST/ PwD/Female Candidates and Rs.400/- for others
Mode for Apply: Online. Apply from Here
- Candidates are required to register first for applying. Click here to fill IIT Madras M.Tech 2018 Application Form.They have to log in to enter details after successful registration. Also, they must enter their GATE registration number without paper code.
- Printout of application form should be taken for future reference. NO need to send it to the authority.
Important: Separate application form must be filled if Candidates willing to apply using GATE 2016, GATE 2017 scores or through IIT graduate criteria.
ALSO READ: Courses After 12th For Better Career Options
Documents to be uploaded For IIT Madras MTech 2018 Admission Form
- Latest Photograph – It should be in jpeg format with minimum and maximum size 10 kb & 80 kb respectively. The width and height should be 30 mm & 45 mm respectively.
- Signature – It should be in jpeg format with minimum and maximum size 10 kb & 80 kb respectively. The width and height of box should be 80 mm & 35 mm respectively.
All the other certificates must be in pdf file not exceeding size of 2 MB.
- Birth certificate or passport or nationality certificate
- Marks sheet/certificate of qualifying degree
- Certificate (SC/ST/ OBC-NCL/ PwD etc), if and as applicable
- List of courses and syllabus in case of candidates with ZE/ZS disciplines
- Tech graduates of IITs and those who are graduating in 2018 are required to enclose a copy of the latest CGPA statement from the concerned IIT
IIT Madras MTech 2018 Selection Procedure
Admission to candidates (who are not required to take Suitability Test/ Interview) will be finalized strictly in the order of merit as per the GATE Score (CGPA & Department Review for IIT Graduates) and on the basis of choices given by them in the application. Candidates who have not studied in any IIT or do not have valid GATE scores will have to appear for a written test and a personal interview.
If you have any queries or comments regarding IIT Madras MTech 2018 Admission procedure, please post on Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box and we would be happy to discuss. Stay in touch with us for more on higher education, Professional course, entrance exams update, Career Guidance among other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.