Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has released GATE exam day 2021 guidelines and the process to be followed by the students at the exam centres. GATE 2021 exam day instructions have been released on the official website through a video. This year, the IIT Bombay is going to conduct the GATE exam 2021 on February 6, 7, 13, and 14.
The candidates who are preparing for the examination can check the guidelines on the official website of the institute. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate Engineering and Science subjects, Mathematics and General Aptitude for admission into the Master’s Program and Public Sector Companies recruitment.
GATE Exam Day 2021 Guidelines
As per the instructions provided by the authorities on the GATE 2021 official website candidates have to follow the given points-
GATE 2021 Pre-examination Measures for COVID-19
- To avoid crowding at the GATE 2021 exam centres, candidates should reach at least 1 hour before the commencement of the exam.
- Students should maintain social distancing from each other. They will have to follow the rope queues and floor marks while standing in the queue outside the GATE exam centre.
- The temperature of all the candidates will be checked using a Thermo gun at the entry of the exam centre. Candidates having a temperature above 99.4 degrees Fahrenheit will have to sit in the isolation room.
- After the candidates enter the exam venue, the invigilators will check their GATE 2021 admit card and photo Id proof by maintaining a safe distance.
- Barcode guns will be used to check the GATE admit card 2021 and to provide lab numbers to the candidates.
- Candidates can only carry masks, hand gloves, personal hand sanitizer bottle, a simple pen/pencil, personal transparent water bottle, and exam-related documents (admit card, Id proof) to the GATE 2021 exam centres.
- After reaching the lab, candidates will have to complete biometric registration.
GATE 2021 Preventive Measures during the Examination
- A staff member will approach candidates for signing in the roll list.
- Candidate Id will be matched to check the details provided by the candidate during GATE 2021 registration.
- Candidates will be disqualified if found receiving or giving anything to anyone or resorting to unfair means.
GATE 2021 Post-Examination measures for COVID-19
- After the GATE 2021 exam is over, candidates will be allowed to move out in an orderly manner. One candidate at a time.
- Candidates must drop the GATE 2021 admit card in the box kept at the exit.
- Volunteers will be present along the exit paths to ensure the social distancing is maintained.
AfterGraduation wishes all the very best to the GATE 2021 Aspirants.
Stay tuned to AfterGraduation through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more and regular updates on Higher Education, Professional Course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams and Preparation, Jobs and Placements, among other information.