Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) Lucknow, the organizing authority of Common Admission Test 2017 has released the CAT 2017 notification, the admission gateway to Indian 20 premium management schools – Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and many other top B-schools across India for the two year full time management programmes and Fellowship Programmes in Management.
According to Prof. Neeraj Dwivedi, CAT 2017 Convener, the IIMs will conduct computer-based Common Admission Test 2017 (CAT 2017) on Sunday November 26, 2017 in two sessions while the registration will start from August 9, 2017. CAT 2017 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs. These programmes are –
A. Post Graduate Programmes in Management
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP||www.iima.ac.in|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM||www.iimb.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||www.iimbg.ac.|
|IIM Calcutta||PGP, PGDM||www.iimcal.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM||www.iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP||www.iimkashipur.ac|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM||www.iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE||www.iimraipur.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM||www.iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX||www.iimrohtak.ac.in|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX||www.iimshillong.in|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM||www.iimtrichy.ac.in|
B. Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [equivalent to Ph.D.] in IIM Ahmedabad , IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM lndore, IIM Kashipur, IIM Kozhikode, lIM Lucknow, IIM Raipur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak, RGIIM Shillong, IIM Tiruchirappalli and IIM Udaipur.
CAT 2017 Schedule
|CAT 2017 Official Notification||July 30, 2017|
|CAT 2017 Registration commencement||Aug 9, 2017, Wednesday @ iimcat.ac.in|
|Last date of application||Sep 20, 2017,Wednesday at 05:00 PM|
|Release of Admit Card||Oct 18, 2017, Wednesday 01:00 PM|
|CAT 2017 Entrance Exam||Nov.26, 2017|
|Announcement of CAT 2017 Result||Second week of January, 2018|
CAT 2017 Registration Fee
- For SC, ST and PwD category candidates – INR 900
- For all other categories of candidates – INR 1800.
A candidate needs to pay registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2017
Candidates applying for CAT 2017 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any recognized University or educational institution or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected need to submit a certificate stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
Registration Process For CAT 2017
- The registration window opens on August 9, 2017 and will close at 5:00 p.m. on September 20, 2017. At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu. After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred cities and either of the two sessions.
Admission Process in IIMs
- IIMs are independent to mandate their own eligibility criteria (including academic cut-offs and relative weights) and follow different selection processes.
- Performance in CAT 2017 examination is an important component for consideration in the selection process.
- IIMs may also use previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short-listing of candidates at various stages of the selection process.
- For more information, candidates must refer to the respective websites of the IlMs.
All the very Best to CAT 2017 Aspirants. Here you got the details of CAT 2017 Notification. Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding this article, on our Aftergraduation Forum. Connect with us for more updates through Facebook and Twitter also.