Admission for four-semester M.Tech Programmes offered in various disciplines and programmes by different departments of IIT Madras is opened. M.Tech aspirants who are seeking admission at IIT Madras need to apply online from March 7, 2017. The last date to fill the online application is April 15, 2017. Candidates who have GATE qualified scores are eligible to apply for IIT Madras M.Tech 2017 Admission. Non-GATE candidates are required to appear for a written test for availing admissions. M.Tech aspirants can check eligibility criteria, application procedure, important dates and other details regarding the IIT Madras M.Tech 2017 Admission on this page.
M.Tech Programmes in Various Departments/ Programmes at IIT Madras
Y – With Half-Time Teaching Assistantship (HTTA)
N – Without Half-Time Teaching Assistantship (N-HTTA)
# The number of seats is subject to change.
* Assistantship sponsored by NIOT
Assistantship: Candidates admitted to M.Tech. programme are offered Half-time Teaching Assistantship (HTTA) of Rs.12,400/-p.m. Admission to a few additional candidates who are under merit list may also be offered without HTTA. They may get HTTA after 6 months depending upon vacancy. Meritorious M.Tech. students are eligible for upgradation to Ph.D programme after one year. A limited number of selected candidates will get opportunity to do M.Tech. project in Germany under DAAD fellowship scheme.
IIT Madras M.Tech 2017 Admission Important Dates
|1.||Start of Online Application Process||March 7, 2017|
|2.||Last date for online application||April 15, 2017 23:59 hrs|
|3.||Suitability Test/ Interview for relevant candidates||April 29, 2017|
|4.||Date of reporting for admission||July 24, 2017|
|5.||Date for Additional Round of offers after the Admission Day for vacant seats||July 25, 2017|
|6.||Orientation Programme, Photo Session and Workflow Enrolment||July 26, 2017|
|7.||Commencement||July 31, 2017|
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants are required to have passed any one of the following qualifying degrees:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
- Master’s degree in Chemistry/Life Sciences/Mathematics/Physics related subjects from educational institutions approved by UGC/Government
- Associate membership holders of professional bodies for admission into their parent disciplines from following:
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (AMIE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AMAeSI) (eligible only for aerodynamics, structures and propulsions streams)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (AMIIM)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (AMIIChemE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (AMIETE)
Note: Candidates with B.Tech from an IIT with a C.G.P.A. of 8.0 (7.5 for SC/ST) are exempt from GATE criteria.
- Sponsored: B.E. /B.Tech first class or 60% aggregate marks in all the four years or AMIE or any other Associate membership (no need for having GATE score) and Sponsored by industry/government organizations/private and public enterprises recognized by DST engaged in R&D work/engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, with two years of professional experience.
IIT Madras M.Tech 2017 Application Procedure
Application Fees (per application): Rs.200 /- for SC/ ST/ PwD/Female Candidates and Rs.400/- for others
Mode for Apply : Online. Apply from Here
- Candidates are required to register first for applying. Click here to fill IIT M.Tech 2017 Application Form.They have to log in to enter details after successful registration. Also, they must enter their GATE registration number without paper code.
- Printout of application form should be taken for future reference. NO need to send it to the authority.
Important: Separate application form must be filled if Candidates willing to apply using GATE 2016, GATE 2017 scores or through IIT graduate criteria.
ALSO READ: GATE 2017 Answer Key Released By IIT Roorkee
Documents to be uploaded along with IIT Madras MTech 2017 Application Form
- Latest Photograph – It should be in jpeg format with minimum and maximum size 10 kb & 80 kb respectively. The width and height should be 30 mm & 45 mm respectively.
- Signature – It should be in jpeg format with minimum and maximum size 10 kb & 80 kb respectively. The width and height of box should be 80 mm & 35 mm respectively.
All the other certificates must be in pdf file not exceeding size of 2 MB.
- Birth certificate or passport or nationality certificate
- Marks sheet/certificate of qualifying degree
- Certificate (SC/ST/ OBC-NCL/ PwD etc), if and as applicable
- List of courses and syllabus in case of candidates with ZE/ZS disciplines
- Tech graduates of IITs and those who are graduating in 2017 are required to enclose a copy of the latest CGPA statement from the concerned IIT
IIT Madras M.Tech 2017 Selection Procedure
Admission to candidates (who are not required to take Suitability Test/ Interview) will be finalized strictly in the order of merit as per the GATE Score (CGPA & Department Review for IIT Graduates) and on the basis of choices given by them in the application. Candidates who have not studied in any IIT or do not have valid GATE scores will have to appear for a written test and a personal interview.