The application process will start from the third week of March after the declaration of the GATE 2019 results. Candidates seeking admission into post graduate engineering programmes offered by the IIT Kharagpur are advised to check the eligibility criteria and other details of IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 admission. Interested and eligible Candidates will have to fill and submit the application form on or before the deadline.
The IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 admission will be based either on GATE Score only or based on GATE Score (70 % weightage) and personal interview (30 % weightage).
Aspirants for IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 can check all the details related to IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 admission including the important dates, eligibility criteria, application process and selection criteria given below in the article.
IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 Admission Schedule
|1||Online application form start date||Third week of March 2019|
|2||online application form end date||Third week of April 2019|
|3||Issue of call letters to interview candidates for IIT Kharagpur M.Tech 2019 admission||Fourth week of April 2019|
|4||First offer release for direct admission candidates||First week of May 2019|
|5||Window for interviews||Electrical Engineering – First week of May 2019|
|6||Registration date||Second week of July 2019|
M.Tech Programmes offered by IIT Kharagpur
|S.No.||Departments||Programmes Offered/ Specialisations|
|1||Department of Aerospace Engineering||AE
|2||Department of Agricultural and Food Engineering||AG1 Farm Machinery and Power
AG2 Land and Water Resource Engineering
AG3 Food Processing Engineering
AG4 Agricultural Biotechnology
AG5 Aquacultural Engineering
AG6 Agricultural Systems and Management
|3.||Department of Architecture & Regional Planing|
|4||Department of Biotechnology||BT Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering|
|5||Department of Chemical Engineering||CH
|6||Department of Civil Engineering||CE1 Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering
CE2 Transportation Engineering
CE3 Environmental Engineering and Management
CE4 Geotechnical Engineering
CE5 Structural Engineering
|7||Department of Computer Science and Engineering||CS
Computer Science and Engineering
|8||Department of Electrical Engineering||EE1 Machine Drives and Power Electronics (MDPE)
EE2 Control System Engineering (CSE)
EE3 Power and Energy Systems (PES)
EE4 Instrumentation and Signal Processing (ISP)
|9||Department of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering||EC2 Micro Electronics and VLSI Design
EC3 RF and Microwave Engineering
EC4 Telecommunication Systems Engineering
EC5 Visual Information and Embedded Systems Engineering
|10||Department of Geology and Geophysics||GG1
|11||Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering||IM Industrial Engineering and Management|
|12||Department of Mathematics||MA Computer Science and Data Processing|
|13||Department of Mechanical Engineering||ME1 Manufacturing Science and Engineering
ME2 Thermal Science and Engineering
ME3 Mechanical Systems Design
|14||Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||MT
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
|15||Department of Mining Engineering||MN Mining Engineering|
|16||Department of Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture||OE Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture|
|17||Department of Physics||PH1 Solid State Technology|
|18||Advanced Technology Development Centre||AT Embedded Controls and Software|
|19||Centre for Education Technology|
|20||Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences||CL Earth System Science and Technology|
|21||Cryogenic Engineering Centre||CR Cryogenic Engineering|
|22||G. S. Sanyal School of Telecommunications||GS Wireless Communications and Networks|
|23||Materials Science Centre||MS Materials Science and Engineering|
|24||Ranbir and Chitra Gupta School of Infrastructure Design and Management||ID Infrastructure Design and Management|
|25||Subir Chowdhury School of Quality and Reliability||RE Reliability Engineering|
|26||Rubber Technology Centre||RT Rubber Technology|
|27||School of Energy Science & Engineering||ES Energy Engineering|
|28||School of Medical Science and Technology||SM Medical Imaging and Informatics|
|29||Centre for Educational Technology||ET
Multimedia Information Processing
|30||School of Water Resources||WM Water Engineering and Management|
IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria of IIT Kharagpur M.Tech 2019 before applying. It is mandatory to meet the eligibility requirements. The detailed eligibility criteria for IIT Kharagpur M.Tech admission 2019 is given below:
For candidates applying through GATE-
- Candidates applying through this channel should have valid GATE scores of any of the last three years (2019/2018/2017).
- The authorities will decide to take admission either on the basis of only GATE scores of the candidate or conduct an interview or written test to be considered along with the GATE scores.
- In case an interview or written test is conducted, GATE scores will get 70% weightage and 30% weightage will be given to interview.
- The admission of candidates only on the basis of GATE scores will be called as direct admission.
For IIT candidates
- Those candidates who have completed their graduation from any of the IITs with CGPA score of 8.0 or above are eligible for direct admissions without even appearing for GATE.
- Candidates applying for admission at IIT Kharagpur through their qualifying exam scores must have secured at least 60% marks or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 pointer scale.
- However, candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD categories are required to score 55% or 6 CGPA.
- By qualifying exam, it means a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ M.Sc or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE etc.).
IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 Application Form
All the GATE qualified Candidates, who will submit their applications for MTech admission at IIT Kharagpur, should also register at the “Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)” for making a careful decision against the admission offers (if any).
Candidates applying will have to fill and submit the application form on or before the last date. The step by step procedure to fill the application form of IIT Kharagpur M.Tech admission 2019 is given below:
- To fill the application form, candidates will have to first register using their email ID, password (minimum 8 characters), date of birth (as per GATE score card), year of passing GATE, registration number of GATE, current category, qualifying degree and background discipline.
- After successful registration, candidates will have to enter the required details including personal and academic details like name, contact number, qualifying degree scores etc.
- Candidates will then have to upload the soft copies of the following documents:
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate showing proof of having Mathematics at 10+2 or degree level (wherever applicable)
- The next step is to pay a non refundable amount of application fee online through net banking, debit card or credit card.
Application fee- For GE/ OBC Male/ Transgender candidates- Rs 500
For female or PwD/ SC/ ST candidates- Rs 250
- Candidates have to check all the details and then submit the application form. It is advisable to take a print out of the filled application form for future reference.
IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 Selection Procedure
- Admissions for IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 will be based either on GATE Score only or on GATE Score (70 % weightage) and personal interview (30 % weightage).
- Personal interview will be conducted to test the following:
(a) Motivation and aptitude for the Programme
(b) Suitability for the department/centre, and
(c) Skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas.
Candidates will be given seats on the basis of their scores in GATE. Some courses will require them to appear for an interview which will have 30% weightage for selection. The interview for shortlisted candidates of the four electrical engineering specializations (EE1, EE2, EE3, EE4) will be conducted from May 5 to 9, 2018 at IIT Kharagpur. The candidates can download their interview call letter after logging into the portal from the link given below.
Note: (i) For specializations where admission is based on both GATE score and interview, a candidate who fails to appear for the personal interview will not be considered for admission for that specialization.
(ii) Based on the availability of seats after the final round of allotment, an additional round of allocation (online) may be conducted to fill the vacant seats.
IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Cutoff 2019
The cutoff for 2019 session has not been released yet. Meanwhile, the candidates can check the previous years’ cutoff from the table below:
IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2019- Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure of IIT Kharagpur M.Tech admission 2019 from the table given below. Fee structure and amount are subject to change from time to time.
|Semester||Fee Type||General / OBC / PwD (Rs.)||SC / ST (Rs.)|
|Refundable (Caution Money)||6000||6000|
|Placement Service (not applicable for sponsored candidates)||1500||1500|
|Student Brotherhood Fund (Yearly)||100||100|
|Each Subsequent Semester||Non-Refundable||9100||4100|
The above details are based on last year’s official notifications. AfterGraduation will provide more details as soon as any official notification is made on IIT Kharagpur MTech 2019 Admissions. Please post your Feedback or queries regarding IIT Gandhinagar MTech Admissions 2019 on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for updates on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter .