Last date to apply admission for IIT Kanpur Post Graduate Programme Master of Technology is 21st April, 2017. Interested candidates can still apply through IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2017 application portal. Final selection of the students will be according to their eligibility and the GATE score obtained. The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public engineering institution funded by government located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the IIT Act.
IIT Kanpur being one of the sought after IITs in India sees an insane level of competitions among the candidates. Cut offs are generally high for each specialization at IIT Kanpur. Before applying, candidates are required to go through all the necessary information like application procedure, various M.Tech. programmes offered, application fee, eligibility criteria etc in this article.
IIT Kanpur M.Tech Courses
IIT kanpur invites application for admission for several M.Tech courses in following departments –
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biological Sciences & Bio-Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial & Management Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Materials Science Programme
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering and Technology
- Photonics Science and Engineering
Eligibility Criteria For IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2017
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering/ science/a master’s degree in science with CPI not below the minimum of 55 percent marks /5.5 (on a 10 point scale).
- For admission into M.Tech. in Biological Sciences and Bio-engineering, applicants having bachelor’s degree in pharmacy/medicine/veterinary science with marks/CPI not below the minimum of 55 percent marks /5.5 (on a 10 point scale).
- Valid GATE Score is Mandatory For Admission To The M.Tech. Programme for the regular (non-sponsored) candidates.
- For M.Tech (Engineering Geoscience) Candidates having M.Sc degree in Earth Science/ related streams or B.E/B.Tech in Geoscience/Civil engineering along with valid GATE score are eligible.
- The requirement of GATE score is waived off for the candidates with M.B.B.S. degree as well as for the B.Tech graduates from IITs with a minimum overall CPI of 6.5 and a minimum CPI of 8.0 in the last two years in B.Tech.
Important Dates For IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2017
- Application start date – March 28, 2017
- Application End date – April 21, 2017
Application Fee for IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2017
- For general/OBC applicant – 400
- For sc/st/PWD applicant – 200
(Application fee is to be paid through net banking/credit card/debit card)
Financial Assistance for IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2017
Financial Assistance will be available only for Regular Candidate. Student will get stipend of Rs. 12,400/- per month for 8 hours of work per week for the next two years. Student is expected to carry out the assigned duties for teaching and Research Assistantship.
Application Procedure For IIT Kanpur M.Tech Admission 2017
Few steps are there for application and all are compulsory
|1.||Registration process||User ID, Password E-mail ID must be generated before login|
|2.||Submission of application form||Completely filled with personal information, address etc.|
|3.||Upload documents||Photograph and signature ( in .jpg or .png format) maximum size should be 40kb , DOB certificate, GATE score, qualifying degree, caste certificate( maximum size should be 600kb)|
|4.||Pay application fee||Applicants may pay through net banking/credit card/debit card|
|5.||Final submission||After payment application status will be changed to “applied”(please keep the application reference no.)|
Click here to apply for IIT M.Tech admission
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their GATE score. Hope this article provided you the whole details about IIT kanpur M.Tech admission 2017, For any query or comment, please post on our AfterGraduation Forum. (Image Courtesy: IIT Kanpur)