Candidates who had applied for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE 2018 can correct their gender, category and PwD status in submitted online applications till October 28. The Indian Institute of Technology- Guwahati (IITG), GATE 2018 conducting institute has initiated the GATE 2018 Online Application Corrections Process.
The candidates who had applied for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 and need to change their gender, category and PwD status in submitted applications can do it online by logging onto the website. The last date to do corrections and modify their details is October 28, 2017.
How to do GATE 2018 Online Application Corrections?
To do that, just follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- Enter login details i.e. email ID and password. Don’t forget to enter Captcha
- Click on ‘Change Personal Data’
- Make the necessary and required correction and then click submit
- Make payment for the correction charges and take a print out of confirmation page for future reference.
Fee Structure for GATE 2018 Online Application Correction
- Gender from Female to Male/Transgender (except SC/ST and PwD candidates) or vice-versa: Rs 750
- Category correction from SC/ST to Gen/OBC (except Female and PwD candidates): Rs 750
- PwD status change from PwD to non-PwD (except Female and SC/ST candidates): Rs 750
Note: In any case, the additional fee paid earlier will not be refunded. For example, if you are a general candidate changing your gender from Male to Female, you will not be refunded the additional fee paid earlier.
Important Notice for GATE 2018 Applicants
GATE 2018 conducting authorities have advised applicants, who have not verified the email address and mobile number during submission of GATE application to verify the email and mobile number at the earliest by logging into the GOAPS portal
Admit card for GATE 2018 will be available from January 5, 2018, on the website. The exam is scheduled to be conducted in February on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th. The exam will be held in two sections 9 AM – 12 PM and 2 PM – 5 PM.
GATE opens the opportunities for candidates to take admission in various postgraduate and doctoral programmes offered in Indian Educational Institutions, pertaining to Engineering, Technology, and Architecture. Apart from that, various Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) also use the GATE scores to shortlist engineering candidates for their recruitment.
All the very Best to GATE 2018 Aspirants. Please post your Queries or Comments regarding GATE 2018 planning and Preparation, on our Aftergraduation Forum. Connect with us for all latest updates on GATE 2018 through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.