IIT Madras has released Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE 2019 admit card for the candidates enrolled successfully for this exam. Candidates who have applied successfully for the examination are required to download the GATE 2019 admit card from the official website.
GATE 2019 is scheduled to be conducted on 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th February 2019, in two sessions viz forenoon from 9:30 am to 12:30 noon and afternoon from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm across the country.
The GATE 2019 Admit Card carries the important instructions for the candidates along with important information like Registration Id, Roll Number, Venue, Date of Examination, Time/Session and Subject details.
While GATE exam is a gateway for various postgraduate and doctoral programmes offered in Indian Educational Institutions – IITs, IISC, NITs and various prestigious institutes, pertaining to Engineering, Technology and Architecture.
Apart from admission to postgraduate courses in engineering, GATE scores are also used by various Public Sector Undertakings, PSUs for their recruitment at junior engineer positions. All the candidates interested in applying for the PSUs would be required to provide their GATE 2019 registration id or roll number which would be available on the GATE 2019 admit card.
Also, the PSUs participating in the recruitment process through GATE score will shortly begin the online application process. The details of such recruitment would be available on the PSUs’ official website along with the detailed notification.
- February 02, 2019 (Saturday) : ME-1, CY, MN from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 02, 2019 (Saturday): ME-2, XE, XL, TF from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 03, 2019 (Sunday): CS, CH from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 03, 2019 (Sunday): AE, AG, AR, BT, EY, GG, IN, MA, MT, PE, PH, PI, ST from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 09, 2019 (Saturday): EC from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 09, 2019 (Saturday): EE from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 10, 2019 (Sunday): CE (two sessions CE-1 and CE-2) from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session) and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
* IST: Indian Standard Time
How to Download GATE 2019 Admit Card?
The GATE 2019 Admit card will not be sent by email or post to the candidate. Candidates follow the below step-wise process to download the admit card of GATE 2019:
- Access official website of GATE 2019
- Click on the admit card download link.
- Log-in the GATE 2019 dashboard using GATE enrollment ID or registered email ID and password details.
- On successful log-in, the GATE 2019 Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check that all the details mentioned on it are legible and correct.
- Download the admit card and take a printout.
GATE exam will be of 3-hour duration, consists of 65 questions carrying 1 and 2 marks totalling to 100 marks. There will be negative marking for the wrong response except for numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
For the GATE Exam, personal calculators, wristwatches, mobile phones and other electronic devices are not allowed in the examination centers. However, there will be a virtual scientific calculator on the computer screen for the computation. For rough work, candidates will be provided with scribble pads on demand from invigilator.
GATE is a national level entrance Exam, require continuous passion, higher concentration, determination and hard work to succeed. A candidate who will qualify GATE 2019 would not only open the gateway for postgraduate engineering courses (M.E., M.Tech, direct PhD) in IISc/IITs/NITs but also open the opportunity for the candidate to get placed in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings). GATE 2019 result will be announced on March 16.
Please post your comments or queries regarding GATE 2019 Admit Card in the below comment box.