The notification regarding the GATE 2019 exam schedule has been released by IIT Madras on the official GATE website. GATE 2019 examination for 24 papers will be conducted across eight sessions in four days from February 2, 2019, to February 10, 2019. The examination will be held in two shifts —forenoon 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and in afternoon 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering aspirants can check the GATE 2019 exam schedule as mentioned below in this article. The results of the GATE 2019 exam will be announced on March 16, 2019.
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule
- February 02, 2019 (Saturday) : ME-1, CY, MN from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 02, 2019 (Saturday): ME-2, XE, XL, TF from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 03, 2019 (Sunday): CS, CH from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 03, 2019 (Sunday): AE, AG, AR, BT, EY, GG, IN, MA, MT, PE, PH, PI, ST from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 09, 2019 (Saturday): EC from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 09, 2019 (Saturday): EE from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 10, 2019 (Sunday): CE (two sessions CE-1 and CE-2) from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session) and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
* IST: Indian Standard Time
GATE 2019 Subjects Code and Exam Sessions
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule: Multi-Session Papers
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule: Single-Session Papers
AE – Aerospace Engineering
GG – Geology and Geophysics
AG – Agricultural Engineering
IN – Instrumentation Engineering
AR – Architecture and Planning
MA – Mathematics
BT – Biotechnology
MN – Mining Engineering
CH – Chemical Engineering
MT – Metallurgical Engineering
CS – Computer Science and Information Technology
PE – Petroleum Engineering
CY – Chemistry
PH – Physics
EC – Electronics and Communication Engineering
PI – Production and Industrial Engineering
EE – Electrical Engineering
ST – Statistics
EY – Ecology and Evolution
TF – Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Highlights of GATE 2019 Examination Schedule
- GATE 2019 will be held in two sessions per day on February 2, 3, 9 & 10, 2019.
- CE (Civil Engineering) and ME (Mechanical Engineering) papers/subjects have a large number of applicants so will be held in multiple sessions across all centres in a single day.
- GATE ME paper (Mechanical Engineering) will be held on February 2, 2019, Saturday in both the sessions.
- GATE CE paper (Civil Engineering) exclusively will be held on February 10, 2019, Sunday in both two sessions. There are no other papers scheduled on this day.
- All other papers are being held in single sessions or a sectional single session.
- GATE EC (Electronics and Communication Engg.) & EE (Electrical Engineering) are being held in one session across all centres on Saturday, February 09, 2019.
- GATE CS (Computer Sc. and Information Technology) & CH (Chemical Engineering) are being held on Sunday, February 3, 2019.
GATE 2019 Examination Admit Card
Admit Card will be available on the online application portal of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) (for downloading and printing) from January 04, 2019 Friday.
GATE 2019 Examination
GATE is a competition Exam, require continuous passion, determination, higher concentration and hard work to succeed. A candidate who will qualify GATE 2019, a national level entrance exam would not only open the gateway for postgraduate engineering courses (M.E., M.Tech, direct PhD) in IISc/IITs/NITs but also can have the opportunity for PSU recruitment (Public Sector Undertakings).
Earlier, GATE 2019 Mock Test released officially by the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2019 conducting authority IIT Madras for all the 24 papers. GATE 2019 applicants can now use the GATE 2019 mock test to practice and review their exam preparation and make it more perfect.
The GATE 2019 examination results will be announced on March 16, 2019. After the announcement of the result, candidates will be called for the counselling process which will start in the month of April 2019.
There is advice by GATE Conducting authority for applicants, who have not verified the email address and mobile number during submission of GATE application to verify the email and mobile number at the earliest by logging into the GOAPS portal.
GATE 2019 Examination Pattern
It is important to understand the GATE 2019 exam pattern before attempting the exam for better performance. The exam pattern of GATE 2019 will give the working idea about the type of questions asked, marking scheme, and the number of sections included in the question paper to the candidates preparing for GATE.
- The duration of the test is 180 minutes.
- There would be a total of 65 questions in the exam for 100 marks.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Ability Type (NAT) questions will be asked in the exam.
- There will be 1-mark and 2-mark questions only.
- There is no negative marking for NAT questions, while for MCQs, there is Negative marking for every incorrect answer. A wrong answering for a 1-mark question will lead to deduction of ⅓ marks and ⅔ marks for a 2-mark question.
- The unattempted questions will carry Zer0(0) marks
Please post your comments or queries regarding GATE 2019 exam schedule and details, either on our AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for more on Higher Education, Postgraduate Courses, Professional Course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.