XLRI admission 2019 registration is still open till December 31, 2018, for candidates having GMAT Scores. Indian Candidates aspiring for XLRI admission 2019 have to clear XAT 2019 exam, to be conducted on Jan 07, 2019 with a better Score. XAT score is accepted for XLRI admission 2019 for flagship PGDM (BM) and PGDM (HRM) programmes from Indian applicant while foreign candidates may apply through GMAT Score or XAT.
Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur was established in the year 1949 by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) and is considered as one of the oldest B-schools in India. In 1955, the institute took the name ‘Xavier Labor Relations Institute’. XLRI Jamshedpur is accredited by AACSB and AMBA. It has also received the accreditation from National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
It offers both full-time and part-time programmes, indicating at the flexible education structure that the institute offers. For the year 2018, it has been ranked as 3rd best Management School in India. XAT has been conducted by XLRI for the past 60 years. From the year 2018, the mode of the exam has become online.
Courses Offered By XLRI
During the course of its start, the courses offered by XLRI were for management and trade unions. But, as the years passed by, there are a number of diverse courses added by XLRI. These courses offered are both from Management and Doctoral Disciplines. The time span and nature, of course, vary on the kind of programme the student is enrolled in.
Here is a list of all the various programmes offered at XLRI:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management(PGDM)
- Human Resource Management Programme (HRM)
- Business Management Programme (BM)
- General Management Programme (GM)
- Doctoral Level Programme
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- Executive Fellow Programme in Management (Exec-FPM)
- Part Time Programmes for Working Executive
- BM (Part-Time) – 3-year programme
- Executive Development in Human Resource Management (EDHRM)
- Corporate Programmes
- Management Development Programmes
- In-Company Training Programmes
- Virtual Customized In-Company Programmes
- Consultancy Services
- Executive Services
- Research & Innovation Cell
- Entrepreneurship Programme
- Post Graduate Programme for Certificate in Entrepreneurship Management (PGP- CEM ) – 6-month
- Certificate Programmes
- Agri-Business Management Programme
READ Too: MBA Admission Process And Preparation
XLRI Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain norms of eligibility criteria that are laid by XLRI in order to appear for admissions. The criteria for every programme is different depending on the needs and expectations of the Programme. The eligibility criteria for some of the programmes are mentioned as follows :
XLRI PGDM (HRM) and PGDM (BM)
- A graduate in any discipline of minimum three-year duration or an equivalent degree.
- Students in the Final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum three-year graduation degree or an equivalent degree from India or abroad.
- Full-time work experience of at least 5 years.
- Candidates with a Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by a University are eligible to apply.
- A higher preference is given to candidates with work experience of 3 years or more.
READ ALSO: EDII PGDM 2019 Admission Process Begins
XLRI Admission 2019 Selection Criteria
The admission criteria for all the different courses vary. The admissions for Indian students in XLRI are done on the basis of the marks scored in Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). Foreign students or Non-Resident of India (NRI) can apply through the scores of GMAT.
Once the scores for XAT\GMAT is out, a portal is generated by the Institute for the selected students to book the GDPI appointment. The final admission is done on the basis of the overall performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The weightage for final selection then takes in XAT and other components, as 65% and 35% for programmes of XLRI such as PGDM-BM, HRM, GM etc. The marks obtained in XAT constitutes of the first 65%. The weightage of GD/PI is 20%. GK, academic, work experience constitute another 15%.
Selection Process For XLRI PGDM- BM, HRM, GMBA :
A candidate has to clear 2 stages for getting selected to XLRI PGDM Programme.
- Candidates have to first appear for entrance examinations i.e.XAT, GMAT.
- The selected students after clearing the cut off are called for the further rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GDPI).
For PGDM (GM) :
- The list of shortlisted candidates is made on the basis of XAT or GMAT score.
- The candidates with marks above cut off are called for the personal interviews. This round has no Group Discussion. For the overseas students, the interview is conducted on a video call.
NOTE: Indian GMAT students can only apply for PGDM-GM programme, whereas NRI, students of foreign origins can apply for all the programmes on the basis of their GMAT scores.
Cutoffs XLRI Admission 2019
Here is an expected score for the cutoffs so as to be shortlisted for the Personal Interview, Group Discussion Round of XLRI. Along with the overall cutoffs, one has to clear the sectional cut-off as well to be shortlisted further.
|Sections||BM (Percentile)||HRM (Percentile)||Global MBA (Percentile)||GM (Marks)|
The minimum GMAT expected scores for a further call are :
Just like other Management and Post graduation colleges, XLRI also revises its fee every year. There has been a hike in the fee over the past some years. The fee structure is as follows :
|Programme||Total Fees in Rupees|
The placements record at XLRI is brilliant with a 100% placement. The placements record are improving year by year resulting in a rise of average and median salary. For the year 2018, XLRI Placement the average salary of was Rs.20.1 Lac and the median salary of Rs.21 Lac. There were 132 recruiters making 370 offers to 358 students with Two-year Postgraduate Diploma in Management – HRM and BM securing offers through the final recruitment process in 3.5 days.
Top recruiters at XLRI Placement 2018 include Boston Consulting, Accenture, Deloitte, KPMG, EY, PwC, P&G, Colgate Palmolive, GAIL, HPCL, IOCL, HUL, Nestle, Johnson & Johnson, Mondelez, ITC India, AB InBev, Heinz, Avendus Capital, JP Morgan, Citibank, DBS, TAS, Aditya Birla Group, RP Goenka group, Capgemini, P&G, RB, Amazon, General Electric, Shell, Samsung, Bharti Airtel among other.
If you have any query or comments regarding “XLRI Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Fees” article, please post on our AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Connect with us for all latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.
Stay connected for World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by AfterGraduation.