The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the examination dates for Post qualification Course in International Trade Laws and WTO Part -1. This test is open to the ICAI members only, which is scheduled in the month of November this year. The last date for receipt of application at the Institute’s Headquarters, New Delhi without late fees is August 25, 2017.
International Trade Law includes the appropriate rules and customs for handling trade between countries. International trade laws are very complex and an ever expanding area. It should be distinguished from the broader field of international economic law. The latter could be said to encompass not only WTO law, but also law governing the international monetary system and currency regulation, as well as the law of international development.
This branch of law is now an independent field of study as most governments have become part of the world trade, as members of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Since the transaction between private sectors of different countries is an important part of the WTO activities, this latter branch of law is now a very important part of the academic works and is under study in many institutes across the world.
To build the capacities in the area of International Trade laws and WTO, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has brought out a Post Qualification Course in International Trade Laws (ITL) and World Trade Organisation (WTO) for its members.
Interested and eligible candidates can obtained the application form from regional and branch offices of ICAI on payment of INR 100 (Hundred) or can be downloaded from the official website . AfterGraduation sharing the important dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees, Syllabus, Application Form and other details as below for aspirants.
ITL & WTO Course (Part-I) Examination Schedule
|Application Start||First week of August|
|Last Date for receipt of application form at the Institute’s Headquarters at New Delhi||August 25, 2017|
|Last Date for receipt of application form at the Institute’s Headquarters at New Delhi (with late fees)||September 01, 2017|
|Issue of Admit Cards (through speed post)||From October 16, 2017|
|Dates and Timings of Examination||Group A : 2nd & 5th November, 2017
Group B : 7th & 9th November, 2017
02.00 p.m. to 05.00 p.m. (IST)
Special Note: There will be no change in the examination schedule even if any examination day is declared as a public Holiday by the Central Government or any State Government.
Eligibility Criteria for ITL & WTO Examination (Part-I)
- A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India would be eligible to join the course and appear for the exam.
- The candidates shall be eligible to appear for Part I Examination to the Course only after 6 months of registration for the course.
- No candidate shall be admitted to the ITL & WTO Examination (Part-I) unless he / she has been issued the Eligibility Certificate by the Committee on Economic & Commercial Laws & WTO and Economic Affairs of the Institute.
- Candidates may submit the Examination Application Form pending receipt of Eligibility Certificate by them, in case they have otherwise fulfilled the requisite eligibility criteria.
A list of candidates eligible to appear for ITL & WTO Course Examination (Part-1) November, 2017 will be hosted by the Committee on Economic, Commercial Laws & WTO and Economic Affairs on the Website of the Institute www.icai.org
Cost of Application Form: Rs. 100/-
Without late fee for both groups : Rs. 4000/- (Rupees Four Thousand Only)
Without late fee for One group : Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand Only)
With late fee : Rs.600/-(Rupees Six Hundred Only) extra with the examination fees
Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred) extra to above fees if the examination form is downloaded from the Institute’s website.
(Note: Candidates are advised not to send any fee other than examination fee along with the Examination application Form)
Mode of Payment
The Examination Fee should be paid only by way of Demand Draft which may be of any Scheduled Bank. Drawn in favour of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” and should be payable at New Delhi only. Candidates are advised to furnish the following details on the reverse of the Demand Draft in their own interest.
- Name of the Examination
- ITL & WTO Registration No.
- Centre Opted
- Examination Application Form No
How To Apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can obtained the application form from regional and branch offices of ICAI on payment of INR 100 or can be downloaded from the official website.
- Fill the details required as recorded in the Membership Certificate.
- Please attach required amount of DD, Copy of the ICAI membership, Admit card Proforma, Address slip along with application form and send to ICAI before the last date as mentioned above.
- The application form together with DD towards examination fee, of any Scheduled Bank be sent by Speed Post / Registered Post Only in the special envelope attached to the Form to the Joint Secretary (Exams.), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110 002.
- Candidates are advised to retain the receipt issued by Post Office till the receipt of Admit Card.
- Candidates are advised not to send the application through courier.
- Candidates should not submit / send the application forms to regional / branch offices of the Institute.
The assessment test will be conducted at all the major cities over the country. 173 Cities have been finalized as the test centres provided that sufficient number of candidates offer themselves to appear therefrom.
ITL & WTO Examination Subjects
A candidate for ITL & WTO Examination shall be examined in the following subjects:
Paper 1 – Introduction to international Trade Agreements
Paper II – WTO Agreements
Paper 1 – Anti-dumping, Subsidy & Countervailing and Safeguard Measures – Laws and Practices
Paper II – Domestic Trade & Competition Laws
Passing the International Trade Laws & WTO Examination
A candidate for the ITL & WTO (Part-I) Examination shall be declared passed if he / she passes in both the groups simultaneously at one sitting or in one group at one examination / sitting & in the remaining group at any subsequent examinations / sitting, securing at one sitting a minimum of 40 per cent marks in each paper of each of the groups and a minimum of 50 per cent marks of the total marks of all papers of each of the groups.
Here you got the details about Post Qualification Course in International Trade Laws and WTO (ITL & WTO) Examination Part -1. Have any doubts or comments, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum. Connect with us through Facebook and Twitter also.