The One year full-time residential programme of IIM Bangalore, Executive Post Graduate Programme (EPGP) created specifically for professionals with remarkable track records and 5 to 12 years of work experience in a wide range of industries. Aspirants of one year MBA at IIM Bangalore, can apply for EPGP 2018 with the application window remaining open till 5:00 pm on August 31 for Round 1. Round 2 will be from September 1 to December 4, 2017.
The EPGP provides students with the same solid foundation in key management concepts and disciplines as a two-year MBA, with similar rigor, range of electives, and grading criteria. In today’s volatile and competitive economic environment, companies face an increasing need for skilled mid-level and senior executives who have the vision and potential to perceive and analyse a situation from multiple perspectives and take timely and effective action.
IIMB designed the EPGP specifically to prepare forward-thinking and creative managers – the business leaders of tomorrow who will create value for their organizations as well as for society.
Eligibility Criteria for EPGP 2018
- Candidates should be graduates in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Applicant should have a minimum 5 years (and preferably less than 12 years) of work experience after completion of graduation (as on March 31, 2018).
- They should also have a valid GMAT/GRE score. The test should have been taken on or between September 1, 2012, and August 31, 2017, for Round 1 and December 5, 2012, and December 4, 2017, for Round 2.
- The GMAT/GRE scores have to be sent directly to IIMB. The code for GMAT is Q9H-KK-84 and 1675 for GRE scores to be sent directly to IIMB. The office score report from Pearson / GMAC (for the GMAT) or ETS (for the GRE) will be used for verification.
- Along with the application, a Statement of Purpose (SOP) highlighting future goals and achievements is to be submitted.
- Two references (online), preferably one from the current employer or from an individual who is in a position to evaluate your job performance are also to be submitted.
EPGP 2018 Admission and Selection Process
- The EPGP admission process starts with the submission of online application form along with above requisites documents. An IIMB faculty committee will review all the applications to shortlist candidates based on various criteria.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview. The interview panel will comprise two faculty members and an IIMB alumnus. The interview panel will evaluate each candidate’s performance, on the basis of the quality of experience/diversity, leadership qualities, social sensitivities and other such factors.
- They would also have to undergo a Written Ability Test and Interview. The admission process is personalised as the committee seeks to learn about each candidate’s goals and the potential for success in management. Selection of the candidate is based on their academic background, quality of work experience, GMAT/GRE scores, Statement of Purpose (SOP) and 2 Reference letters, performance in the interview & writing ability test etc.
- The school also strongly encourages applications from socially weaker sections (SC, ST, NC-OBC) as well as Persons With Disabilities.
- The Online application can be accessed at www.iimb.ac.in/postgraduate/epgp
Important Dates and Schedule
The admission for the EPGP 2018-19 batch will be in two rounds. Candidates can submit their application during any one of the two rounds. Candidates found applying in both rounds will be disqualified from further process of selection. The application window and the schedule of events (Tentative) are as below :
|ROUND – 1||ROUND – 2|
|Application window||May 25 to Aug 31, 2017 (5:00 p.m.)||Sep 01 to Dec 04, 2017 (5:00 p.m.)|
|Application fee||Rs. 3,000||Rs. 4,500|
|Interviews#||Sep 23 & 24 2017||Dec 16 & 17 2017|
|Interview Cities*||Bangalore, New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai|
|Offers & Waitlist#||Oct 06, 2017||Dec 26, 2017|
|Offer acceptance – Last date||Nov 03, 2017||Jan 25, 2018|
|Withdrawal – Last date||Nov 30, 2017||Feb 15, 2018|
Candidates who are outside India and unable to attend the Personal Interview can opt for Skype. The dates will be informed separately based on the location of the candidates.
EPGP 2018 Fees & Other expenses
The total fees for the program would be Rs 24,34,500 (shared accommodation) and Rs 25,70,000 (family accommodation) exclusive government prevailing tax. Fees cover tuition, course material, computing and networking, library, alumni association, student activities, career counselling and accommodation. The expenses for the mandatory International Immersion Rs 3,00,000 (exclusive taxes) is also included in above mentioned fees.
IIMB provides placement assistance to all EPGP students. The Career Development Services (CDS) office works closely with the EPGP Student Placement Committee on the campus recruitment process.
Batch Profile of EPGP 2017-2018
Batch Size : 73
No. of Female students : 22
No. of Male Students : 51
Work Experience Highlights:
Average Work Experience (months) : 83
Max. Work Experience (months) : 116
Min. Work Experience (months) : 53
Students with international experience: 30 %
Average GMAT Score : 709
Engineers : 68 (from IIT’s and NIT’s – 17)
Commerce : 2
Arts : 1
Science : 2
Here you got the details about IIM Bangalore EPGP admission and 2018 Class profile. Have any doubts or queries, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum. Share this article to your friends and known, who are in mid career and wanna growth in their professional life. Connect with us through Facebook and Twitter also.