IIM Udaipur PGPX is unique among Indian One Year MBAs, the only one year MBA that offers an intensive specialization in Global Supply Chain Management. The Postgraduate Programme in Management for Executives is an intensive one-year regular full-time residential programme for aspirants with work experience. It is a dual degree program that is a full partnership between IIMU and the prestigious Krannert School of Management at Purdue University in the United States.
IIM Udaipur has released notification regarding admission to the Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX) for the batch starting in January 2018. On completion of the 15-month full-time program, student will receive the MBA as well as an MS degree.
It is similar to 1 year MBA programmes offered by other IIMs, ISB, XLRI and other renowned MBA colleges. A key advantage of the PGPX is that the course work builds on the work experience of the students. Unlike similar programs that offer the students only a few weeks of international component, this program involves a full semester of 5 months at Purdue University,USA. Another highlight of the program is the internship opportunity for the students, that is not usually included in other 1-year programs.
Students graduate with an MS-GSCM degree from Purdue and a Post Graduate Diploma for Executives with a specialization in GSCM from IIM Udaipur. The complete detail such as application form, eligibility criteria, admission process etc of IIM Udaipur PGPX Admission 2018 are given below.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates with a minimum of 10+2 years of school education and a minimum of 4 years of university education with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- A valid GMAT score.
- Relevant work experience of a minimum of 30 months as of January 1, 2018.
- Applicants must submit one Language Assessment Test for admission to Purdue University. Students can choose from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English (PTE) scores.
- Purdue accepts all valid forms of TOEFL testing, including those earned through the paper based-test (minimum score of 600), computer based-test (minimum score of 260), and Internet-based test (minimum score of Writing 20, Speaking 22, Listening 18, Reading 22, and Total bandwidth 93). For the Internet-based test, all 5 minimum scores must be satisfied.
- Purdue accepts International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. An overall band score of 7.5 is required for admission, with 7.0 required per each section.
- Purdue also accepts the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic scores. An overall score of 70 is required for admission.
- All scores must be documented by an official report from the Educational Testing Service, IELTS, or PTE and must be no more than 24 months old at the time the application credentials are reviewed by Purdue.
- IIMU will accept applications for which English language proficiency results are not yet available. However, candidates who receive provisional acceptance from IIMU cannot submit their applications to Purdue without proof of satisfactory English language proficiency.
IIM Udaipur PGPX Admission Process
Selection of students will be done jointly by IIM Udaipur and Purdue University. The admission process for PGPX is completed in two parts:
In the first part, applicants to IIMU are shortlisted on the basis of the above eligibility criteria and called for the second round where they are screened through a personal interview.
A provisional offer of admission is made on the basis of a weighted score of the candidate’s demographic profile, academic profile, course relevant work experience (SCM), score in GMAT and personal interview.
In part 2, candidates who have successfully completed part 1 should comply with the application requirements for admission to the MS course at Purdue University.
After initial screening and a personal interview process at Purdue University, the applicants are made an offer of admission by Krannert School of Management.
Following this a final offer of admission is made to the student by IIMU. IIM Udaipur and Purdue University have reached an agreement where Purdue University shares its minimum criteria for admission and these are ensured by IIM Udaipur before granting provisional admission to applicants.
Consequently, in the 3 cohorts of the PGPX to date, 100% of the participants selected by IIMU have been confirmed by Purdue University.
The following are the tentative dates for the PGPX program for the Batch starting in January 2018. These dates are subject to change. Please check the website regularly for any updates.
|Online Application Starts||June 12, 2017|
|Screening and Interview Process (rolling)||June 30, 2017 to November 30, 2017|
|Grant of Provisional Admission||June 30, 2017 to November 30, 2017|
|Purdue Application Process||June 30, 2017 to November 30, 2017|
|Offer of admission||Purdue will issue admission offer within two weeks once an applicant fulfills all Purdue admission requirements.|
|Registration at IIMU||January 2, 2018 (Tuesday)|
How to Apply for IIM Udaipur PGPX
Interested students can apply online from http://admissions.iimu.ac.in/pgpx-application/login
- Along with the completed application, the following documents are to be uploaded:
- GMAT score
- Degree certificate
- Work experience documents
- Appointment letter(s) from all companies
- Relieving letter(s) from previous companies (if applicable)
- Pay slip for most recent month
- Other relevant documents may also be submitted, e.g.
- Awards and recognitions
- Competition results
- Documents may be submitted in PDF, doc, docx or JPEG formats
- Application fee of INR 1000/- must be paid online using Credit Card/Debit Card when uploading the above documents
If you have any feedback or queries regarding above article, please post on our Aftergraduation Forum and we would be happy to discuss. Connect with us for for latest updates through Facebook and Twitter.