BITS Pilani (Birla Institute of Technology Science) invites applications for admission to Doctoral Programme (Ph.D) at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campus under Full Time and Part Time scheme during Second semester 2016-17. We have bring all the details for aspirants about Application Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Fees, Important Dates/Deadline for BITS Pilani Doctoral programme application.
BITS Pilani is a “Deemed to be University” under Section 3 of UGC Act since 1964. Its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai provide an all-round educational and co-curricular experience that is second to none in India.
On Campus/Part Time PhD Program
Admission to on campus/Part time PhD program for second semester 2016-17 at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS is open. The last date for submission of completed application form is 5:00 PM, 14th December 2016.
Applications are invited for admission to PhD programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme in following Departments during Second Semester 2016-17 –
Eligibility for Admissions
Any Higher Degree such as M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination. Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D. admission subject to their suitability and competence. For Ph.D. Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
Full Time Students:
Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D. Short listed candidates will be required to come to designated campuses at Pilani / Goa / Hyderabad, for test and/or interview. The seats under full time schemes are limited so preference will be given to candidates working in ongoing sponsored projects in the Institute, and the CSIR/UGC- NET qualified candidates.
Part Time Students:
Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be admitted under this scheme.
Those admitted to full time PhD programme will be considered for Project/Research Assistantship to the tune of Rs. 13,200/- to Rs. 20,000/- per month or more. Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other developmental programme of the institute under the guidance of a mentor.
Fee Structure (For the academic year 2016-17)
All fees are to be paid in advance. Only caution deposit and mess advance is refundable after adjustment of dues at the time of withdrawal from the Institute. This applies to prospective candidates who are seeking admission as well as ongoing students of the Institute.
* The above prescribed semester fees is for student admitted in the academic year 2016-17. For these students, the semester, term, and admission fees will be revised upward every year, but will not increase beyond 15% each year (unless the government announces any new lavy/tax, which will be passed on to all existing students irrespective of their year of entry)
Instruction to Candidate
- During online application, Once you confirm the correctness of entered data it will be recorded and you will not be allowed to change it thereafter. Therefore before confirming ensure the correctness of all entered data.
- Before printing out the filled form, the system will generate a unique application number for you. Note down this number without fail and use it in your future communication
- After completing the form online, you will be asked to take print outs of the filled form. You should take two copies of the print out, complete the form and send one copy of the same with the proof of fee payment by registered post /speed post to ‘Dean Admissions, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan – 333 031 (India)’ so as to reach on or before 5:00 PM 14th December 2016. You should keep the second copy with you for your reference.
- After sending the application form by post, please check the status of your application at http://www.bitsadmission.com/ and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a printer attached to the computer, you can go to the printout page again by entering the personal details and the application number.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back’ button on the tool bar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details.
Important Dates For Doctoral Programme
(Image and Data Courtesy: BITS Pilani)