A Company Secretary is a senior position in an organisation, responsible for the efficient administration of a company, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented. CS Foundation is the first step to enter in to CS Course. Students who are willing to join CS Foundation Course must have to register first.
Foundation Programme is a part of 3-stage professional examination of Company Secretaryship Course (i.e. Foundation/Executive/Professional Programmes). The admission is open throughout the year. The admission to the Foundation Programme will be valid for a period of three years from the month in which the application complete in all respects, is accepted by the Institute for admission, in accordance with the Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982. We are here providing the full details about Registration process of CS Foundation, Eligibility Criteria, Fee details, Registration last date Details & all important details about CS Foundation.
CS Foundation Registration Last Dates
CS Foundation Registration is open throughout the year. Candidates registered up to and including the month of March are eligible to take Foundation examination earliest in December in the same year and those registered up to and including September can take up the examination in June next year subject to satisfactory completion of coaching. So, if you want to write CS Foundation exam in Dec 2017, you should register before 31st March 2017 and for CS Foundation exam in June 2018, you should register before 30th September 2017.
Eligibility for CS Foundation
- Candidates who have passed Senior Secondary (10+2 or equivalent) examination of a Board/University constituted by law in India or any examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto can join the CS Foundation Programme.
- There is no minimum requirement of percentage of marks secured at Senior Secondary (10+2 or equivalent) examination.
Provisional admission, is allowed to candidates at any time after they have appeared or enrolled for appearing in the final of Senior Secondary examination (10+2 pass or equivalent), subject to the condition that such provisional admission would be valid for not more than 6 months from the date of admission within which time the student should furnish proof of having passed the Senior Secondary (10+2 pass or equivalent) examination.
Exemption from CS Foundation Programme
All graduates and post graduates (excluding fine arts) and those passed in the Foundation examination of The Institute of Cost Accounts of India (CMA) or The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI CPT) or of any other accountancy institution in India or abroad recognised as equivalent thereto by the Council of the Institute are exempted from passing the Foundation Programme examination. Such students may directly seek registration to Executive Programme of Company Secretaryship Course.
CS Foundation Registration Fee Details
Rs.4,500/– payable at the time of admission (Rs.1500/- towards Admission Fee & Rs.3,000/- towards Education Fee) for the General student.
For SC / ST Students, Fees having 50% of relaxation in total fees i.e INR 2250.
And for physical handicapped students, they just need to pay the admission fees INR Rs 1500.
Documents Required For Registration
Please note that before proceeding for online registration, you need to have the soft copy of the following documents for uploading the same on the website to get the online registration process completed
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- DOB Certificate (10th pass certificate)
- Roll number (if appearing)
- Qualifying certificates /Consolidated Pass Mark sheet i.e (12th pass certificate for foundation, degree certificate for executive)
- Category certificate (Other than general)
- Identity proof (Aadhar card/Passport/voter ID /Pan Card/Driving License/Ration Card)
- All the files should be present in one of the following formats (jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, pdf).
- The maximum allowed file size is 2 MBs.
- File size of CS Aspirant photo should be between 20 KB to 50 KB and that for Signature should be between 10 KB to 20 KB.
CS Foundation Registration 2017 Online Process
To appear for CS Foundation Dec 2017 examination, aspirant must have to register on or before 31st March 2017 and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions. Interested student can fill the registration form from the here – Register online here
- Go to the Students tab and click on Student Registration.
- Click on to the checklist of documents as applicable to you on the basis of your qualification.
- Now Click on ‘Proceed to Registration’.
- Select the Course type as Foundation stage.
- Fill other fields.
- Click on the option- ‘Make Payment’ for effecting necessary payments.
Payment is to be made either by credit/debit card /net banking or through bank challan system.
ALSO READ: Course Options Available With CA Or CS
You will subsequently get username and password at your registered Email ID. (The user name and password will be provided within 24 hours of payment.)
After you get your username and password, please upload documents at the link sent at your mail and upload documents.
Please follow the below step to access your registered account for Uploading Documents:
- After Login, Go to Students and then click “My Account”.
- Click on “Manage Account”.
- Upload documents at certificate details tab given under manage account option.
- Once all required documents have been uploaded, the applications are checked at Directorate of Student Services and if found OK, it is approved. If any discrepancies are found, then student concerned is informed by e-mail to complete the requirement.
Online Process of Downloading Registration Letter / e-Identity card
Students can download their e-Identity card and registration letter from Institute’s website after approval of their application by the Institute by following the given below simple procedure:
- Log in to your account. Enter your “Username” & “Password”.
- Open “My Account”.
- Go to “others” option at student’s account,
- Students can download registration letter / e-Identity card.
After downloading the Identity card, students are compulsorily required to get it attested by any of the following authorities with their official seal carrying name, professional membership No., designation and complete official address:
- Member of the Institute, with ACS/FCS No.
- Gazetted Officer of the Central or State Government.
- Manager of a Nationalised Bank.
- Principal of a recognized School/College.
- Officers of ICSI
Unattested Identity Cards are not valid and the students are advised to carry duly attested Identity Card for various services during their visits to the offices of the Institute, Examination centers, etc.
If you have any queries or comments regarding CS Foundation Registration, please post your query on our Aftergraduation Forum and we would be happy to help you.