The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, ICSI has announced the opening of the Merit cum Means assistance scheme for the students who cleared CS June 2019 examinations. Interested and Eligible students should apply for ICSI Merit-Cum-Means Assistance Scheme before November 25, 2019.
The completely filled application in the prescribed form should reach the Institute on or before 25 November 2019 to avail the “Merit-cum-Means Assistance (Company Secretaryship Course) Scheme, 1983. ICSI will award of 25 numbers of financial assistance each for pursuing Executive Programme and Professional Programme of the Company Secretaryship programme.
The Institute awards merit-cum-means assistance to the meritorious students based on their performance in the Institute’s examination. Merit-cum-Means assistance is granted to Economically Weaker Students (EWS) to enable them to pursue the course. Interested students must check the eligibility criteria laid down under the said scheme to avail the ICSI assistance scheme.
ICSI Merit-Cum-Means Assistance Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate applying for assistance should have passed the CS Foundation programme or Both Modules of the CS Executive Programme examination without exemption in any paper, at one sitting, in the first attempt in June 2019 examination.
- The total income of such an applicant, if employed or is having an independent source of income, should not be more than Rs 2,40,000/- per annum.
- And, if the applicant is dependent on his/her parents/guardian/spouse whether partially or wholly, the combined gross income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 3,60,000/- per annum.
- To become eligible for award of the financial assistance, Students who have passed the June 2019 Foundation examination must get registered with the Institute for pursuing Intermediate course within 3 months from the date of declaration of the results.
Salient Features of ICSI Assistance Scheme
- Applicant should not receive any assistance/scholarship from any other source simultaneously while pursuing the CS course.
- Financial assistance is provided to 25 candidates each for pursuing CS Executive Programme and Professional Programme.
- Assistance would be provided Rs. 500/- per month to eligible candidates from the month for the following month of declaration of result till December or June next year, in addition to the reimbursement of education fees and exam fees during the period.
- The selection of the candidate for assistance will be made purely on merit-cum-means basis subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme.
- The Last date for applying for the financial assistance is 25th November for June examination.
How to Apply for ICSI Assistance Scheme?
- The prescribed application form for the Merit-cum-Means Assistance can be downloaded from the Institute’s website. The direct link to access ICSI Assistance application form. Download the application and fill all the requisite details.
Applications should be made on the prescribed forms and reach the Institute with supporting documents on or before 25th November 2019. Incomplete applications, applications not fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down under the scheme or applications reaching the Institute after 25th November 2019 are liable to be summarily rejected.
Share this article regarding ICSI Merit-Cum-Means Assistance Scheme, who have cleared June 2019 CS Foundation and CS Executive Programmes examinations and fulfil the other eligibility of the scheme. Have any doubts regarding ICSI Scholarship, you can ask us via the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay Connected with us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for regular updates on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post Qualification Courses, Higher Education, Entrance Exams, Career Guidance among other information.