BITS Pilani (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) is a “Deemed to be University” announces admission to Doctoral Programme (PhD) across its 3 Campuses at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campus under Full Time and Part Time scheme during the first semester 2019. The last date to complete the Online application form for BITS Pilani PhD Programmes is 5:00 PM, May 16, 2019.
AfterGraduation has brought all the details for aspirants about Application Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Fees, Important Dates/Deadline for BITS Pilani PhD programme application.
On Campus/Part Time BITS Pilani PhD Programmes
Applications are invited for admission to a PhD programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme in following Departments during the first Semester 2019-
|Departments||BITS Pilani Campuses|
|Part Time||Full Time||Part Time||Full Time||Part Time||Full Time|
|Humanities And Social Science||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Economics and Finance||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
Yes- A department does intend to admit a student under the specific scheme
No/NA- A department does not intend to admit a student under the specific scheme
Important Dates For BITS Pilani PhD Programmes Admission
|Last date for a completed application form to reach the admission office||May 16, 2019 (5:00 pm)|
|Declaration of shortlisting candidates (on BITS website)||May 31, 2019|
|Test / Interviews:||July 19, 2019|
|Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes||July 23, 2019|
|Admission of Selected students||July 29, 2019|
|Freshmen Orientation Programme||July 31, 2019|
|Registration||August 08, 2019|
Eligibility for BITS PhD Admission
- Any Higher Degree such as M.Tech./M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for PhD admission subject to their suitability and competence.
- For PhD Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
In addition, Departments may set specific admission criteria for shortlisting.
- Candidates are required to devote their full time to PhD.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to come to designated campuses at Pilani / Goa / Hyderabad, for test and/or interview.
- The seats under full-time schemes are limited so preference will be given to individuals who would like to pursue PhD in-house, residing on campus
- Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani campuses providing basic facilities and environment for research to be admitted under this scheme.
Assistantship (Stipend) for PhD Students
- Those admitted to full-time PhD programme will be considered for Institute Project/Research Assistantship up to Rs. 31,000/- per month for 1st Year.
- Higher Assistantship is paid in subsequent years.
- Students selected in sponsored research projects will get the stipend according to the rule of the funding agency.
- Selected candidates will be required to participate at least 8 to 10 hours (per week) in teaching and other developmental programmes of the institute under the guidance of a mentor.
BITS Admission Application Procedure
Interested and eligible aspirants can fill the form online at BITSA Admission website before the deadline i.e 05:00 pm, May 16, 2019. The application fees of Rs 2400/- can be paid online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking and in offline mode through Cash payment at ICICI bank branches.
Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test, which may comprise of a written exam and/or interview. Information on specific Departments and related research activities is available on the Department homepage of respective campuses
BITS Pilani PhD Programme Entrance Exam
There would be two tests for the shortlisting of the applicants. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific. Test-I will comprise of the 5o questions from Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, and General Awareness.
Test –II will be subject based and will consist of 70 multiple choice type of questions covering the technical subject. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in 2 hr allotted time. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks and 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Based on the performance of the tests, Candidates would be shortlisted for Interview.
Please post your Feedback or queries regarding BITS Pilani PhD programmes on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay connected for regular and more updates on Higher Education, Professional courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams and Preparations, Career Guidance etc through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.