CAT 2017 question paper and answer keys for the computer-based test conducted on November 26, 2017, is released by IIM Lucknow, the CAT 2017 conducting IIM. The IIM officials have also invited any objections from test takers till 2.00 pm on December 9, 2017, for the officially published answer key. The announcement for the question paper, answer key and objection form has come for the first time ever after CAT turned into a computer-based (online) exam in 2009.
An official announcement from CAT official read, “CAT 2017 Question Paper and Objection Form is now live. Deadline to submit objection form is 2 pm on December 09, 2017”. The candidates can challenge the answer key by filling out a form and paying Rs 1,000 for raising one objection.
An expert committee constituted by the IIMs will examine the objections after the deadline. If any objection is found valid, the candidate who made the objection will get a refund of his application fee and the answer key will be changed for all candidates.
In the history of online testing of CAT from 2009, this is the first time when CAT officials released Question paper, Answer keys and objection to the official question and answer. This is the new process by CAT authorities to make the selection procedure more transparent. This way the candidates will be able to estimate their probable score before the final result planned to release in January 2018.
Key Highlights CAT 2017 Question Paper, Answer Key & Objection Form
- Candidates can download question paper and answer key by entering their CAT user ID and password. Candidates can login here for CAT 2017 Question paper and Objection.
- The deadline to submit objections to CAT 2017 Question Paper and officially released Answer Key is 2:00 pm on December 09, 2017.
- A candidate will have to pay Rs 1000 for each objection to raise. Objections will be validated by IIM Expert committee.
- In case the objections are found valid by IIM expert panel, remedial measures will be taken by IIMs and answer key will be updated for all the candidates.
- Objection fee of Rs. 1000 (excluding transaction fee) will be refunded to the applicant in case the objections are found valid.
- Candidates can raise objections against as many questions as they found and want.
READ Too: Which B-Schools To Apply, Based On Your CAT Percentile?
Key Steps For CAT 2017 Question and Answer Key Objection
The candidates may follow these steps to access the Question paper and Objection management :
- Go to the official CAT website, iimcat.ac.in
- Click on the 2017 question paper and objection form link, presented in the right-hand side.
- Enter your exam registration details on the next page
- Click Login
- Check the 2017 question paper and objection form.
Candidates will need to enter the following details for raising an objection to any particular question or answer key:
- Section Name (VA-RC, Quant, DI-LR)
- Question Number
- Name of Objection (None of the options are correct, More than one option is correct, answer key is incorrect)
- Additional Remarks regarding the objection (Max up to 500 characters)
- Push Submit button and pay Rs 1000 for raising an objection.
CAT 2017 Analysis
The Common Admission Test, or CAT, is an entrance examination for the management studies in Indian Institutes of Management and other business schools in the country. The CAT 2017 exam was held successfully on November 26, 2017, in 142 cities across India.
The CAT 2017 exam was appeared by around 2 lakh candidates this year. The total number of candidates registered for CAT 2017 was 2,31,067. However, the number of candidates skipping the test is lesser this year. According to IIM officials, the number of candidates who did not appear for the Management entrance exam was around 31,368.
According to CAT 2017 analysis, the test was of the moderate level of difficulty. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) was the toughest section followed by Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. Quantitative Ability was the easiest among all. There were no surprises in the exam as CAT 2017 exam pattern was similar to CAT 2016. In terms of expected cutoff, experts predict that the overall cutoff may be a little higher than that of last year.
The facility to submit objections is also new and is an appreciable effort on the part of IIM Lucknow. Connect with us for more updates on Entrance Exams, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.