The online application process for IIT Gandhinagar MTech 2019 Admission will start from last week of March after the declaration of GATE 2019 results. Candidates having the valid GATE scores can only apply for IIT Gandhinagar MTech 2019 admission.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (also known as IIT Gandhinagar and IITGN), located in Gujarat, India. There would be no separate entrance exam for IIT Gandhinagar MTech 2019 admission but they need to register through the online application form which would be available in March 2019.
The candidates will be shortlisted based on their GATE score and those candidates will further shortlisted through a written test and interview. The written test will be based on General Aptitude, Mathematics and opted Engineering subject.
Interested and Eligible candidates can check complete details about IIT Gandhinagar MTech Admission 2019 including eligibility criteria, important dates, application & selection procedure on AfterGraduation’s this page.
IIT Gandhinagar MTech Programmes
IIT Gandhinagar offers total 8 number of MTech programmes, which are as below. There are total intakes of 40 students in each MTech Programmes-
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Earth System Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
It also offers 2-year M.Sc. programmes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Cognitive Science, and 2-year M.A. programme in Society and Culture.
Important Dates for IIT Gandhinagar MTech 2019 Admission
|Start of online application form||
4th week of March 2019
|Last date for online application submission||
3rd week of April 2019
|Provisional list of candidates for interview/test||
4th week of April 2019
|Test and/or interview||
2nd week of May 2019
|An announcement of shortlisted candidates||
4th week of May 2019
|Commencement of the classes||
1st week of July 2019
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech 2019 Admission Eligibility Criteria
IIT Gandhinagar MTech eligibility criteria is a set of parameters which include academic qualification, age limit, qualifying exam score.
- A minimum of 55% marks or 5.5/10 in B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in a relevant branch is mandatory. There is a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.
- They must have a valid GATE score at the time of interview/written test.
- Candidate should meet the minimum cutoff of their respective GATE paper to be shortlisted for the 1st round of the admission.
- B.Tech. graduates from IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on the scale of 10) would be exempt from GATE qualification.
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
IIT Gandhinagar MTech Admission Procedure
Institute will invite a limited number of aspirants for a written test and interview based on their GATE scores and academic performance. Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview.
Written Test Details
The written test will be based on topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical & numerical ability, etc.) and engineering mathematics. Apart from that, questions from basic courses in different disciplines up to the 3rd year of the undergraduate programme will also be asked.
IIT Gandhinagar MTech Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The IIT Gandhinagar admission authority will release the MTech application form of IIT Gandhinagar in March. candidate need to check all the details before filing the MTech application form.
- Candidate need to fill all the details, Candidate also need to register COAP 2019 (Common Offer Acceptance Portal).
- If candidate applying for more than 1 MTech programme at IIT Gandhinagar, they need to fill the examination form separately for each programme.
- Candidates required to submit the application online before the last. They have to enter their personal & academic details, and address.
- After successful submission of the application form, a candidate will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Save the application form for further use.
- Candidates need to furnish the hardcopy of application form along with original documents (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) during interview.
Full time M.Tech eligible candidates will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs.12,400/-.
The above details are based on last year’s official notifications. AfterGraduation will provide more details as soon as any official notification is made on IIT Gandhinagar MTech Admissions 2019. Please post your Feedback or queries regarding IIT Gandhinagar MTech Admissions 2019 on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for updates on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter .