Online application form for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2017 will be available from fourth week of May to third week of June. To be considered for admissions in M.Tech programmes at the IIT, candidates must have a GATE valid score. Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (also known as IIT Gandhinagar and IITGN), located in Gujarat, India, is ranked 8th by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, published by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in April 2016.
Complete details about IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2017 including eligibility criteria, important dates, application & selection procedure can be checked on AfterGraduation’s this page.
M.Tech Programmes offered at IIT Gandhinagar
- Biological Engineering (Research Areas: Biological Sciences [Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemical Biology], Bioengineering [Biomedical Engineering, Rehabilitation technologies, Tissue Engineering], Biotechnology [Nanobiotechnology, Bioinformatics, Protein and DNA Technologies, Bioremediation]).
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Earth System Science (Research Areas: Geomorphology, Water and Environment, Near Earth Surface Processes, Remote Sensing and GIS, Earth System Modelling)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas: Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics)
- It also offers 2-year M.Sc. programmes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Cognitive Science, and 2-year M.A. programme in Society and Culture.
M.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum of 55% marks or 5.5/10 in B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in relevant branch is mandatory. There is relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.
- They must have a valid GATE score at the time of interview/written test.
- B.Tech. graduates from IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on scale of 10) would be exempt from GATE qualification.
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Start of online application form||
4th week of May 2017
|Last date for online application submission||
3rd week of June 2017
|Provisional list of candidates for interview/test||
4th week of June 2017
|Test and/or interview||
1st week of July 2017
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||
2nd week of July 2017
|Commencement of the classes||
3rd week of July 2017
Institute will invite a limited number of aspirants for a written test and interview based on their GATE scores and academic performance. Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview. There is no application fees to apply for M.Tech degree.
Written Test Details
The written test will be based on topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical & numerical ability, etc.) and engineering mathematics. Apart from that, questions from basic courses in different disciplines up to 3rd year of undergraduate programme will also be asked.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2017 Application Procedure
- Candidates required to submit the application online. They have to enter their personal & academic details, and address.
- After successful submission of the application form, candidate will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Save the application form for further use.
- Candidates need to furnish the hardcopy of application form along with original documents (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) during interview.
Full time M.Tech eligible candidates will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs.12,400/-.
The above details are based on last year’s official notifications. AfterGraduation will provide more details as soon as any official notification is made on IIT Gandhinagar Admissions 2017.