IIT Indore invites applications from eligible, highly motivated; research oriented and interested students for admission to its M.Tech Programs. Interested Candidates can fill online application form for IIT Indore M.Tech 2017 Admission before its last date April 28, 2017. IIT Indore provides a provision for converting it to M.Tech + PhD Dual Degree Program during 2nd year of the program.
IIT Indore is among eight new IITs set up by the HRD Ministry and ranks 16th in India. A core competency of the IIT Indore is the research-driven academic programme, as research forms a core component of the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. Candidates seeking admission to the M.Tech programme should familiarize themselves with the Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application, Selection procedure and other important information given below before applying.
IIT Indore M.Tech 2017 Admission Eligibility Criteria
IIT graduates with CPI equal to or more than 8.0 are exempted from the GATE qualification.
* The first class is defined as
(i) 60 % marks for GEN/OBC (55% for SC/ST) category in aggregate or as specified by the University/Institute, OR
(ii) CPI/CGPA of 6.0 for GEN/OBC (5.5 for SC/ST) category on the scale of 10; with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10 (for example 4.8 for GEN/OBC category (4.4 for SC/ST) on a scale of 8), OR
(iii) A first class as specified by the University/Institute awarding the degree
Important Dates For IIT Indore M.Tech 2017 Admission
- Last date for online application : April 28, 2017
- Last date for receiving the hardcopy of the on-line application along with all the documents : May 5, 2017
- Date of uploading the list of the candidates short-listed for counseling on IIT Indore website : May 29, 2017
- Counseling schedule : June 06-09, 2017
- Commencement of the program : July 24, 2017
Application Procedure for IIT Indore M.Tech 2017 Admission
- Before filling application form for IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2017, candidates must pay the fees first.
Application fee: (Non-refundable) application fee of Rs. 800/- (Eight Hundred Only) must be paid online only by transferring to the Bank Account.
Bank Name: State Bank of India, Khandwa Road Branch, Indore.
Account Name: Registrar Indian Institute of Technology Indore.
Bank Account Number: 32426107444.
Bank Account Type: Current.
IFSC Code: SBIN0011779.
The subject/narration of online payment must mention “MTech. Application Fee”
- The candidate must pay the application fee and then apply ONLINE. Click here to apply Online. While applying online, the transaction ID of online application fee payment must be mentioned.
- Separate application form must be filled along with payment of application fee for applying to each M.Tech Program.
- After submitting the application online, the filled application form must be downloaded. Its signed hard-copy along with recent photograph, self-attested relevant certificates/document, transaction slip of online payment of the application fee, and photocopy of the valid GATE score card must reach to the address of correspondence on or before May 5, 2017 (Friday).
- The envelope of the application must CLEARLY mention “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION IN (name of the programme and discipline) for AY 2017-18” and must be posted to Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore. Pin Code 453 552, (MP) India.
IIT Indore M.Tech 2017 Admission Counselling Procedure
- Based on GATE Score candidates will be short-listed and are called for counseling. The list of shortlisted candidates will be available on the IIT Indore website on May 29, 2017.
- Among the short-listed candidates, those attending the counseling process will be offered admission in the respective M.Tech program and in the respective category (as filled at the time of application).
- After verification of all the relevant documents, submission of original GATE score card and payment of entire amount of the admission fee (Rs 38,900/- for GEN and OBC-NC and Rs 31,900/- for SC and ST candidates with hostel facility but excluding dining charges; dining charges will be payable to the caterer), the admission offer will be given on the spot to those candidates who accept the offer of admission
- Venue of Counselling: Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore. Pin Code 453 552, (MP) India.
Here you got the details about IIT Indore M.Tech 2017 Admission 2017. Have any doubts regarding IIT Indore M.Tech admission, you can ask us via the AfterGraduation Forum. Share this article “IIT Indore M.Tech 2017 Admission Process Started, Apply Before April 28” to your friends, who are seeking postgraduation admission in IIT.