NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test) is a university level admission test, organized for admission to the management programmes such as MBA or other management courses for around 23 B-schools such as Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Xavier University – Bhubaneswar, MISB Bocconi, Mumbai and others in India. NMAT 2018 will be conducted by the Graduate management Aptitude Council (GMAC).
NMAT 2018 is a computer based exam of two hours duration, carrying 120 objective type multiple choice questions from three sections. NMAT 2018 is scheduled from October 5 to December 18, 2017. Aspirants are allowed to appear for three retakes of NMAT by GMAC 2018. The registration for NMAT 2018 will begin from Tuesday, July 4, 2017 till October 3, 2017. Candidates check this article to get detailed information about NMAT 2018 Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees, Test Centres, Exam Pattern, Registration Process and participating Institutes.
NMAT 2018 Schedule
All important dates regarding NMAT 2018 entrance examination are provided here below.
|Events||Start Date||End Date|
|NMAT 2018 online Registration||Tuesday, July 04, 2017||Tuesday, October 03, 2017|
|NMAT 2018 Scheduling||Tuesday, July 04, 2017||Monday, October 16, 2017|
|Late Registration||Wednesday, October 04, 2017||Saturday, October 14, 2017|
|Registration – Retake||Friday, October 06, 2017||Thursday, December 14, 2017|
|Re-scheduling||Tuesday, July 04, 2017||Friday, December 15, 2017|
|Re-take Scheduling||Friday, October 06, 2017||Friday, December 15, 2017|
|Exam Delivery||Thursday, October 05, 2017||Monday, December 18, 2017|
|NMAT 2018 Final Announcement of Results||Third week of January, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for Applying NMAT 2018
The eligibility norms are as follow –
- A full time Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from UGC recognized University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in the first attempt.
- Applicants who will be appearing for their final year exam and interested in applying for the full time programs examination are eligible to apply subject to them clearing the final examination in first attempt with 50 % aggregate marks and also furnishing all the necessary original documents.
- Candidates having 2 or more years of post-qualification experience will be given preference to.
- Those candidates who have cleared their graduation by doing a part-time course or through distance learning, correspondence courses, externally, open school are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
NMAT 2018 Registration Process
The complete procedure for online registration is given below:
- NMAT 2018 Registration process will take place through online mode only from the official website. Create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- No offline mode will be entertained to fill the NMAT application form 2018.
- Candidates have to provide all personal details such as contact information, educational details and work experience.
- During registration, candidates will choose schools to send the scores. Up to 5 programmes are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each programme added in excess of 5 programs.
- Upload your scanned photograph in a JPEG format & submit the fee.
- Once the payment done, the exam schedule option will be activated, so that candidates can go ahead and schedule the exam.
NMAT 2018 Application Fee
Candidates can make payment through Master Card/Visa Card/Debit Card/American Express/Diners Club/Net Banking & Demand Draft. The DD will be made in favour of Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited payable at Gurgaon. Candidates, those pay the fee through DD have to send it to the given address:
6708, DLF Phase IV,
Gurgaon – 122 002
Phone: 092130 27791/ 92
|Registration Fee without late fee||Rs.1800 + applicable taxes|
|Registration Fee with late fee||Rs. 2000 + applicable taxes|
|Pre-Retake||Rs. 1800 + + applicable taxes|
|Pre- Reschedule||Rs. 1000 + applicable taxes|
|Additional Score Reports (beyond first seven)||Rs. 200 per Score Report + applicable taxes|
NMAT 2018 Test Centers
|North||Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi|
|West||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara|
|South||Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada|
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong|
|INTERNATIONAL TEST CENTRES|
NMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of the Exam:The exam will be conducted through online mode (Computer Based Exam).
- Type of Question:The question will be objective type (Multiple Choices) questions.
- of Attempts:Candidate can apply three times, once a year.
- Exam Duration:The duration of the exam will be two hours (120 minutes).
- of Questions:Total 120 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme:There is no negative marking scheme. This system of no negative marking has been adopted by NMIMS as per the current ‘best global practices and psychometric principles’.
- Re-Scheduling:Candidates can also schedule for the retake exam, if they are not satisfied with their marks in first attempt.
- Subjects:The exam will consist in three parts: Language skills, Quantitative skills & Logical Reasoning.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Time Allotted (Minutes)|
NMAT 2018 Participating Institutes
|S.No.||Name of Participating Institutes|
|1||SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad|
|2||Xavier School of Human Resource Management – Bhubaneswar|
|3||Xavier School of Rural Management – Bhubaneswar|
|4||Xavier School of Sustainability – Bhubaneswar|
|5||Xavier Faculty of management (Urban Management & Governance) – Bhubaneswar|
|6||MISB Bocconi, Mumbai|
|7||ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations|
|8||Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida|
|9||Alliance University, Bangalore|
|10||VIT University, Vellore|
|11||Amity University, Delhi NCR|
|12||Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh|
|13||Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad|
|14||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun|
|15||GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam|
|16||Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad|
|17||SRM University, Chennai|
|18||BML Munjal University, Delhi|
|19||Mody University, Rajasthan|