MBA degree has proved to be the most promising postgraduate degree which assures the career prospectus of any individual. An MBA can offer many advantages, including a boost in salary, skill enhancement, networking opportunities, Promotion into senior management roles, and career advancement potential. Online MBA programs have proved to be a very vital option for candidates who can’t afford regular MBA due to current job or high fees of regular MBA programs.
Now after lifting the ban on Online degree, Indian universities will be able to offer full degree programmes online from the next academic year, the government has announced. Only accredited universities that have been in existence for at least five years and featured in the top 100 of the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), for at least two years in the previous three years will be eligible to offer the degrees. These Online Degree Programmes will boost the young people enrolling in higher education and improve their career plans.
The article below lists some online Distance Learning Management programs i.e Online MBA from reputed institutes-
Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad
Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad (IMT) is considered to be amongst the top business schools of India. It has a special department, Center for distance learning (IMT CDL) which offers a wide range of distance learning courses in the field of information technology and management. All the courses offered by IMT CDL are recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC).
- IMT CDL offers a 2 year-long post-graduate management program, which goes by the name PGDM (MBA).
- The fees for this 2-year program is Rs. 88,000.
- Apart from this, it also offers One Year Executive PGDM Program with specializations in the field of Operations Management, Financial Management, Marketing Management, Information Systems and Human Resource Management and also a one year PG diploma in the field of business administration.
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) Pune
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) Pune, started in 2001, is now one of the largest autonomous online distance learning institutes in India. It offers Certificate, Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma programs.
- SCDL’s 2 Year online management program is PGDBA (MBA) which is one of the most popular online MBA programs in India with a very affordable fee of Rs. 37,000.
- There are a total of six specializations available with the course, which are Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations, Management Accounting and Customer Relationship Management.
- A Dual (additional) Specialization option is also available for the students if they are willing to choose two specialisations for the PGDBA program.
- In addition to PGDBA program, 2 year PG diploma courses are also offered by Symbiosis in the field of Banking and Finance, Insurance Management, IT Management, International Business, Retail Management, Customer Relationship Management, Human Resource Management, Export and Import Management and Supply Chain Management.
- To be eligible for these courses someone should be a graduate in any discipline, from a recognized University.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
IGNOU is the most popular open university in the country and regarded as the world’s largest university in terms of the number of student enrollments.
- MBA is one of the most popular distance education course amongst a long list of the variety of distance education courses offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University.
- There is no age limit to join the course.
- The minimum duration offered by IGNOU to complete the MBA program is 2.5 years. The fees for this course is Rs. 31,500.
- To be eligible for the course requires the applicant to clear the OPENMAT exam conducted by IGNOU with a graduate degree with at least 50% marks for general category and 45% for reserved category and an optional 3 years professional/supervisory/managerial experience.
- IGNOU also offers a specialized MBA program in banking and finance field which is Master of Business Administration (Banking & Finance) (MPB). Eligibility for this course requires the candidate to be a member of the Indian Institute of Bankers along with some other special requirements that need to be met in order to get admission in MBA Banking & Finance.
ICFAI University is a notable name in online distance education. ICFAI has been providing higher education in India for three decades now and has won several awards for its quality education.
- ICFAI offers numerous certificate, Post Graduate degree and diploma courses and programs in the business management field.
- The fees for two-year long MBA distance education program of ICFAI is Rs. 65,000. It is divided into five modules. The third module consists of electives. The scholars are required to choose from a total of sixteen available electives which are Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Strategic Finance, Operations, Risk Management, Global Markets, Retail Management, Pharma Management, Hospital Administration, IT & Systems, Innovation Management, Healthcare Management, Investment Management, International Business and Telecom Management.
- The entire MBA program relies on self-study and examination model with a convenient schedule for students.
Sikkim Manipal University
Sikkim Manipal University offers distance learning online MBA programs which is another highly rated online degree course in the country. SMU offers its distance education courses under its distance education arm called SMU-DE which was established in the year 2001 and now it’s amongst the top providers of online professional education in the country.
- The MBA program of SMU-DE is a Two Year course divided into four semesters.
- The fees for the course is Rs. 49,600.
- The maximum duration to complete the course is four years and the minimum is two years.
- There are four specializations to choose from the MBA program, which are Marketing Management, Information Systems Management, Human Resource Management and Finance Management.
- To be eligible for admission in the online distance education MBA program, an applicant must clear the entrance exam conducted by the Sikkim Manipal University.
- The candidate also requires a graduate degree from a recognised university.
Annamalai University is one of South India’s most reputed universities. It offers over 500 different courses under its Directorate of Distance Education.
- Annamalai University DDE offers standard MBA and five other specialized MBA programs under the online distance education option which are MBA E-Business, MBA International Business, MBA Human Resource Management, MBA Marketing Management and MBA Financial Management.
- A written entrance examination is conducted by Annamalai University for admission in Annamalai Distance Education MBA programs.
- The fee structure of Annamalai Distance Education MBA program is Rs. 25,850 which is quite affordable.
READ ALSO: MBA Programs, Which One Is Right For You?
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) ranked among the top 10 B-Schools in India for regular MBA course. NMIMS also offers PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate program in management under distance education mode through its NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGA -SCE). All the offered courses by NMIMS are UGC-DEB (Distance Education Bureau) approved.
- NMIMS offers the following 2 years PG diploma courses under distance education mode under the domains like Business Management, Financial Management, International Trade Management, Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, Banking and Finance Management and Marketing Management.
- The fee structure for the course is Rs. 83,000.
- NMIMS accept applications for admission throughout the year for the two batches that are Spring Batch and Fall Batch.
- The registrations for spring batch are conducted between 11th September and 10th March and registrations for fall batch are conducted between 11th March and 10th September.
- The applicant must be a graduate from a recognized university with 50% marks to get admission online distance education PGDM program.
Welingkar Institute of Management Development (WeSchool)
Welingkar Institute of Management Development is a prestigious B-School in India which was established in the year 1977. Welingkar Institute of Management Development offers hybrid online distance learning courses which include Post graduate diploma in management (PGDM), diploma & certification courses which are accredited by University Grants Commission (UGC-DEB).
- The online PGDM program of WeSchool is one of the most popular distance learning management course in India which offers numerous specialisations which are Marketing Management, Finance Management, Human Resource Management, Retail Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, E-Business, Banking, Investment & Insurance, International Business, Rural and Agribusiness, Hospitality Management, Healthcare Management, Media and Advertising, Services Excellence, Travel and Tourism, IT Projects Management and E-Commerce.
- The fees for the Two Year course is Rs. 63,600.
READ MORE: 10 Top MBA Programs Of The World In 2018
Amity is one of the most popular and reputed private university in India having over 1 lakh students. Besides its regular courses, Amity University offers online learning through Amity Directorate of Distance and Online Education.
- The distance education MBA course is a completely online two-year course with 4 semesters with a total of eleven specialisation areas which are Finance & Accounting, Marketing & Sales, Entrepreneurship & Leadership, Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Information Technology, International Business, Hospitality Management, Petroleum & Natural Gas Management, Insurance Management and Retail Management.
- For admission in this course, it only requires a graduation degree with 40% marks.
- The fees for the course is Rs. 36,000.
Lovely Professional University
Lovely Professional University is amongst the respected private universities in India with many famous alumni such as Microsoft CEO Satya Nadela. The university is located in Punjab and has won several awards for its quality education. The university offers Degree and Diploma programmes under the distance education mode.
- The distance education MBA program is amongst the top online distance education degree courses in business management field.
- The fee structure of LPU’s distance education MBA programme is Rs. 50,000 approximately.
- The maximum duration to complete the programme is five years and the minimum is two years.
- To be eligible for admission in the distance learning MBA programme, an applicant needs to have a graduation degree from a recognised university.
- The distance education MBA course of LPU offers 7 specializations, which are subdivided as Core Specialization or Major-Minor Specializations, and the available specializations are Marketing, Finance, Information Technology, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, International Business and Retail Management.
Here you got the details about the Online MBA Programs from various top Institutes of India. Please post your comments and queries on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Connect with us for all latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also. World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by Aftergraduation.
(Image Courtesy: YouTube)