The Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET) 2017 applications have started from September 29 and will continue till November 30, 2016. All the candidates aspiring to pursue management and other courses from TISS must appear for TISSNET as the Institute does not grant admission on the basis of CAT, MAT, XAT or any other entrance exams score.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is renowned for its masters program in HRM & LR (Human Resource Management and Labor Relations) formerly known as PM & IR(Personnel Management and Industrial Relations). The TISS is recognized by UGC and is accredited by NAAC as Grade (A). The TISS conducts TISSNET 2017 to the social science aspirants annually. The master’s program are MPH, MSc, MHA and MA. Its main campus is in Mumbai, Tuljapur and other campus are at Hyderabad and Guwahati.
- Exam Name: TATA Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test
- Commonly Called as: TISSNET
- Exam Type: PG Entrance Exam
- Level: National Level
- Exam Category: Post-graduate
- Conducting Body: TATA Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
As per the official notification, there has been no change in the marking scheme and pattern of the test, which is scheduled to be conducted on Saturday, January 07, 2017, from 2pm to 3.40 pm across 39 centres.
About TISS Admissions
The TISS arranges the test centers to cover the entire nation for the convenience of all willing students to take online and test on printed form. However, who may wish to take written test must tick the option while registering for TISS National Entrance Test 2017. The test duration is about 1 hour and 40 minutes for online and offline candidates. There are 100 question carrying each one mark and any wrong answers will carry negative marks.
• TISSNET 2017 test paper carry 100 Marks.
• Pre-Interview test and Group Discussion will carry 50 Marks.
• Personal Interview carry 75 Marks.
• TISSNET total Marks: 225
Eligibility Criteria for TISSNET 2017
• He or she must be an Indian National.
• A candidate must have under graduate degree from any of the recognized universities of India.
• The candidates must have studied minimum 10+2+3 as fulltime student.
• Any higher qualification apart from graduation is also eligible to apply for TISSNET 2017.
• He or she must complete their under graduation on or before 11th June 2017.
The exam pattern of TISSNET 2017 remains similar to that of last years. TISSNET 2017 is a computer based test (TISS-NET) to be conducted in 39 centres across India. The computer based test is of objective type which will have questions related to General Knowledge; Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning; and English Proficiency. The test will be of 1 hour 40 minutes duration.The application process of TISSNET 2017 is both online and offline for the eligible candidates to apply for a maximum of three programmes across any two of the TISS Campuses.
Offline Mode: Physically, you can get the TISSNET 2017 application forms from any of the TISS institutions spread across India. This is open for the candidates who lacks computer knowledge and from remote areas, where internet facility is not available.
• Fill all requisite details with ball ink pen and sign it.
• Paste your photos on the photo column.
• Attach DD, photocopy of mark list along with the application form and submit to TISS
READ ALSO: CMAT 2017: How To Fill Up Application Form
• The online registration is very simple and quick process.
• First, log in to admissions.tiss.edu and register yourself.
• You can make online payment of fees from their website itself.
• You need to upload scan copies of photo, signature, and latest educational documents.
Age Limit for TISSNET 2017
He or she must be or attain 21 years during the TISS National Entrance Test 2017 academic year.
The application form fee is Rs.1030 (by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or Rs.1000 + bank charges (paid through bank by cash). A candidate has to pay this amount for every programme he applies for. Candidates whose parents earn Rs.2.5 Lakhs and belong to SC/ST category and Rs.1 lakh for OBC (NC) category are required to pay Rs.250 per programme.
TISSNET 2017 Important dates
|Last Date for Online form APPLICATION / REGISTRATION for All Master’s programmes||November 30, 2016|
|Last Date for receipt of application form by post||December 01, 2016|
|Issue of Admit Cards ( Online )||December 21 – 22, 2016|
|National Entrance Test (Computer Based) at Different Centres||January 07, 2017 (Saturday)|
|Candidates who appeared for the national entrance test will have to visit the TISS website and login to download your score card.||January 27, 2017 at 8:00pm (Friday)|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS Mumbai for programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur Campuses, and BALM, Chennai||March 10- 21, 2017|