XLRI Jamshedpur, one of the premier B-school concluded the summer placement for its PGDM 2015-2017 batch and gave the students a opportunity to carry a baggage of highest average salary at 19.21 lakh per annum. The XLRI placement 2017 has shown a shoot up over last year in every aspect i.e. more number or recruiters, more PPO’s, highest salary etc.
139 Top recruiters visited the campus for batch of 359 students this year and offered highest salary packages to the current outgoing 2015-2017 batch students. During the summer internship 121 students got pre-placement offers (PPO) an increase of 18.62% over last year.
This year specially XLRI seen an overwhelming increase in number of recruiters willing to partner with XLRI and this due to the efforts of students who are constantly giving their best and performing well.
Highlights of XLRI Placement 2017
- An outstanding increase in number of recruiters
- Number of new roles opened up on campus see a rise in 17% over last years
- More Pre placement offers received this year i.e. 121 PPO for batch of 359 students of year 2015-2017
- Number of offers with CTC greater than 25 LPAincreased by 18%
- Average CTC in marketing space is 21.8 LPA and in operations space 26.5 LPA
- HR students secured more excellent jobs
- Business management batch has percentage of male is 88.04 and that of females is 11.95
- Human resource management has percentage of male is 74.03 and that of females is 25.96
- The median salary offered to this batch is 19 lakh per annum and average salary offered is 19.21 lakh per annum.
Placement Data of XLRI For 4 Years
More than 132
No. of candidates
|Pre placement offer||79||99||102||
Average salary (LPA)
|Median salary (LPA)||11.25||17||18||
XLRI Placement 2017 Top Recruiters At a Glance
|Aditya Birla Group||Reliance Industries||ICICI Bank||
|Tech Mahindra||RPG||TAS||Ladha group|
|Future group||HCCB||GSK CH||Mondelez||
XLRI Placement 2017 Sector wise Turnout
- Consulting – Reputed Management Consulting firms such as The Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Co., Accenture Strategy have continued to recruit students from XLRI. This year, XLRI has also seen an increased participation from industry majors such as Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Everest Group, Gallup, KPMG, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Infosys Global Consulting, Capgemini Consulting, Cognizant Business Consulting, Positive Moves and Zensar.
- Technology – There has been an increase in number of roles offered in technology management sector. Few of the firms that have recruited in this space include Uber, Directi, HCL, Capgemini, Infosys, Accenture, Tech Mahindra, Tata Sky and IBM among others.
- General management – firms like Tata Sons Group (TAS), Aditya Birla Group, Mahindra & Mahindra, Reliance Industries, Lodha group, Future group, RPG among others shows their active participation and again its been a prefered destination for all for their General Management roles.
- Finance – Students got wonderful offers from many of the reputed firms like Development Bank of Singapore, ICICI bank, Yes bank and many others. Students were also offered the wealth management roles by Avendus capital and kotak Mahindra bank. Other companies also offered the roles of PE, VC and IB. Investment banking roles offered by JPMC, Goldman Sachs and Avendus Capital.
- Human Resources – XLRI prides itself in the breadth of HR roles it brings on campus, spanning the FMCG, BFSI, Technology, Consulting sectors.
- Operations – The Operations space at XLRI this year has been a major bright spot, with some of the best roles in this domain being offered on campus. Amazon BOLD, Uber, PayTM, Cloudtail, Rivigo are among the firms to have made offers to students this year.
- Marketing and Media – This year also XLRI has again established its strength as an FMCG destination. This year, was no different with industry majors like HUL, P&G, ITC, Mondelez, Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Coca Cola, PepsiCo, Asian Paints, Colgate Palmolive, AB InBev, Heinz, GSK CH, HCCB among others opening up roles in the Sales and Marketing space. The media sector too made its presence felt with star TV and Bennett coleman & co.
XLRI is a premier private management institute in India founded in 1949 by Fr Quinn Enright, S.J. in the Steel city of Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Over the last seven decades, XLRI has shape responsible business leader who serve organizations of repute across the globe.
If you have any queries or comments regarding above article, please post on our Aftergraduation Forum and we would be happy to discuss.