BITS Pilani (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) invites applications for admission to Doctoral Programme (PhD) at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campus under Full Time and Part Time scheme during the first semester 2018-19. The last date to complete the BITS Pilani PhD Programme application form online and reach to admission office is 5:00 PM, May 16, 2018.
BITS Pilani is a “Deemed to be University” under Section 3 of UGC Act since 1964. Its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai provide an all-around educational and co-curricular experience in India.
AfterGraduation has brought all the details for aspirants about Application Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Fees, Important Dates/Deadline for BITS Pilani PhD programme application.
On Campus/Part Time BITS Pilani PhD Programme
Admission to On-Campus/Part time PhD program for the first semester 2018-19 at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS is open. The last date for submission of completed application form is 5:00 PM, May 16, 2018.
Applications are invited for admission to PhD programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme in following Departments during the first Semester 2018-19
Yes- A department does intend to admit a student under the specific scheme
No/NA- A department does not intend to admit a student under the specific scheme
Important Dates For BITS Pilani PhD Programme
|Last date for a completed application form to reach admission office||May 16, 2018 (5:00 pm)|
|Declaration of shortlist candidates (through BITS website)||June 02, 2018|
|Test / Interviews:||July 20, 2018|
|Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes||July 23, 2018|
|Admission of Selected students||July 30, 2018|
|Freshmen Orientation Programme||July 30-31, 2018|
|Registration||August 08, 2018|
Eligibility for PhD Admissions
- Any Higher Degree such as M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for PhD admission subject to their suitability and competence.
- For PhD Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with a minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
- Candidates are required to devote their full time towards PhD.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to come to designated campuses at Pilani / Goa / Hyderabad, for test and/or interview.
- The seats under full-time schemes are limited so preference will be given to candidates working in ongoing sponsored projects in the Institute, and the CSIR/UGC- NET qualified candidates.
- Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani providing basic facilities and environment for research to be admitted under this scheme.
Assistantship (Stipend) for PhD Students
- Those admitted to full-time PhD programme will be considered for Institute Project/Research Assistantship up to Rs. 25,000/- per month for 1st Year
- Higher Assistantship is paid in subsequent years.
- Students selected in sponsored research projects will get the stipend according to the rule of the funding agency.
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other developmental programmes of the institute under the guidance of a mentor.
Interested and eligible aspirants can fill the form online at BITSA Admission website or download and send a filled application form by post before the deadline to receive the filled application form i.e 05:00 pm, May 16, 2018. The application fees of Rs 2400/- can be paid online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking and in offline mode through Cash payment at ICICI bank branches.
BITS Pilani PhD Programme Entrance Exam
There would be two tests for the shortlisting of the applicants. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific. Test-I will comprise of the 5o questions from Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, and General Awareness.
Test –II will be subject based and will consist of 70 multiple choice type of questions covering the technical subject. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in 2 hr allotted time. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks and 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Based on the performance of the tests, Candidates would be shortlisted for Interview.
Instructions to Candidate
- During online application, Once you confirm the correctness of entered data it will be recorded and you will not be allowed to change it thereafter. Therefore before confirming ensure the correctness of all entered data.
- Before printing out the filled form, the system will generate a unique application number for you. Note down this number without fail and use it in your future communication.
- After completing the form online, you will be asked to take printouts of the filled form. You should take two copies of the print out, complete the form and send one copy of the same with the proof of fee payment by registered post /speed post to ‘Dean Admissions, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan – 333 031 (India)’ so as to reach on or before 5:00 PM on May 16, 2018. You should keep the second copy with you for your reference.
- After sending the application form by post, please check the status of your application at http://www.bitsadmission.com/and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a printer attached to the computer, you can go to the printout page again by entering the personal details and the application number.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back’ button on the toolbar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details.
- All notices/shortlists will be put on BITS admission website. Candidates are advised to check this website regularly. No written communication will be sent to candidates.
Please post your Feedback or queries regarding BITS Pilani PhD (doctoral) programme on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Stay in touch with us for updates on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter .