Power Grid Announces Recruitment Through GATE 2020 For Electrical Engineers: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has released the notification regarding recruitment through GATE 2020 for the post of Executive Trainees – 25th Batch through advertisement no. CC/04/2019. The online application process for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2020 will open from January 15, 2020.
As announced by PGCIL, this Recruitment through GATE 2020 will only be for students of Electrical Engineering and its associated discipline. Go through the complete article for more information about Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2020 – Eligibility Criteria parameters, Important Dates, the Application process, PGCIL Selection procedure, Payscale and more.
Important Dates for PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2020
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Availability of Application Form||January 15, 2020|
|2||Final Date to Submit Application Form and Pay Fees||February 15, 2020|
|3||Group Discussions and Interviews||April 2020|
READ Too: ONGC Recruitment For Engineers Through GATE 2020
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be of Indian nationality.
- Age Limit (as on December 31, 2019) – The age limit for General category candidates is 28 years, For OBC candidates, the age limit is 31 years, for SC/ST Candidates it is 33 years and for PwD candidates it is 38 years.
- Eligible Streams for Recruitment – Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical).
- Academic Requirements – The candidates should have qualified B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engineering) from a recognized University/Institute. Final year/semester candidates who will be expecting their results by August 2020 are eligible to apply for the recruitment process. However, these candidates should have a minimum of 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all the semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
- Qualifying Marks – Candidates should have secured a minimum 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree examination.
- GATE Exam and Eligible Subject Code – The candidates will have to qualify GATE 2020 exam with GATE Subject code EE to be eligible for the post.
- Relaxation/Reservation – Reservation/Concession/Relaxation to reserved category candidates as per company norms under Government of India directives.
READ ALSO: Electrical Engineering GATE 2020 Reference Books, Preparation Tips
Power Grid Recruitment Selection Process
Interested candidates will have to appear for the GATE 2020 examination in EE Subject code. On the basis of GATE 2020 scores, the registered candidates will be shortlisted for further selection rounds.
The GATE 2020 result will be announced on March 16, 2020. The further selection process for PGCIL recruitment through GATE will consist of:
- Group Discussions (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI) for the assessment of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
- Pre-Employment Medical Test
An original photo ID along with GATE 2020 Admit card and GATE 2020 Score Card has to be carried for the group discussion and interview. Candidates will have the option for appearing the GD and Interview in Hindi/English language.
GD will not have any qualify marks but the interview will have qualify marks for different categories. Candidates who qualify the personal interview round will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. Offers will be given to the suitable candidates on the basis of overall merit and found fit in the pre-employment medical examination as per company norms and standard medical tests.
Pay and Probation of PGCIL 2020 ET Post
The selected candidates will have to undergo one year of training. On successful completion of training, candidates will be absorbed as Assistant Manager on the pay scale of Rs. 60,000 – Rs. 1,80,000. The other benefits and allowances (Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per the cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation/ Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility and more) will be as per company norms and Indian Government directives. CTC and other emoluments may vary based on the place of posting as well as the terms of appointment.
ALSO READ: GATE 2020 Electrical Engineering Syllabus And GATE EE Exam Pattern
How to Apply for Power Grid Jobs Through GATE 2020?
- It is important to note that the candidates should have successfully registered for GATE 2020 exam in the relevant paper.
- The registration number that is mentioned in the GATE 2020 admit card will be required for the application process.
- Registrations for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2020 will open from 15 January 2020 to 15 February 2020.
- The last date to apply for GATE 2020 (without late fees) is September 24, 2019.
All the Best job Aspirant Engineers. If you have any queries regarding ONGC Recruitment for Engineers Through GATE 2020 Score, please post on AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Stay in touch through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for regular updates on Higher Education, Career Guidance, Professional courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams and Preparation, Jobs Opening, and education other information.
(Information Courtesy: Jagran Josh)