ONGC Recruitment for Engineers Through GATE 2020: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has released a notification for the recruitment of Graduate Trainees (GT) for E-1 level in Engineering & Geo-Sciences through GATE 2020. The application form for this recruitment will be released tentatively in the March/April 2020 and will be facilitated through ONGC official website, ‘ongcindia.com‘.
The number of vacancies to be recruited through GATE 2020 will be released by ONGC at the time of inviting application. The essential qualification of ONGC recruitment for GT post is a valid GATE 2020 score. Candidates who wish to apply for this recruitment must appear for GATE 2020 exam and having the minimum education qualification required is a graduate degree in Engineering in a relevant discipline.
Appearing and clearing the GATE 2020 exam is a compulsion for the candidates to apply for the ONGC announced Recruitment of Graduate Trainees. Based on the GATE 2020 score, candidates will be shortlisted from the total applicants for another round of selection. Such shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview round before they are offered the appointment.
Read the complete article to check and understand the application process, eligibility criteria, important dates, selection procedure, pay scale and other conditions of the ONGC recruitment for GT through GATE 2020, read the article below.
ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2020 Important Dates
|Name of the Event||Date|
|Registration Process for GATE 2020||Started|
|Availability of application form for ONGC Recruitment||March/April 2020|
|Date of Interview||May/June 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2020
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- Must have a graduation degree in the relevant field (subject) with a minimum 60% marks.
- Must have a valid GATE 2020 score.
- Candidates who have passed professional exams such as AMIE (Mechanical)/ AMIE (Electrical)/ AMIE (Civil) are NOT eligible to apply for the ONGC Jobs through GATE 2020.
- Candidates in the final year of B.E or B.Tech are also eligible to apply. If they are shortlisted, then their candidature will be provisional. They will have to produce the requisite documents by the last week of July 2020 as proof that they have met the requisite percentage of marks.
Maximum Age (limit) with age relaxation as on July 31, 2020, for different categories applicants is as below
|SNo||Reservation Category||Age limit (except Drill./Cementing)||Age For Drilling/Cementing post|
|1||Unreserved(General)||30 years||28 years|
|2||OBC||33 years||31 years|
|3||SC/ST||35 years||33 years|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||40 years (further relaxed as per reserved category)||Not Applicable|
|5||Ex-Service Men (General, OBC, SC, ST)||35 years||33 years|
|6||Departmental Candidates||Age relaxation will be extended to departmental candidates to the extent of their service rendered in ONGC|
ONGC Selection Procedure for Recruitment through GATE 2020
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their GATE 2020 score for the next selection round i.e personal interview.
- After they qualify for the personal interview, candidates have to meet the requisite medical parameters which are laid down by ONGC.
- For the final selection, a merit list will be prepared on the basis of the overall composite score of GATE 2020 Score, Qualification, Interview performance.
ONGC Salary Offer
- Candidates will be recruited in the basic pay scale of Rs 60,000 – Rs. 1,80,000 on the post level E1.
- They will get an annual increment of three per cent.
- Besides basic pay, the selected candidate will be eligible for allowance @35% of the basic pay as per government norms and company rules.
This time IIT Delhi conducting the GATE 2020 exam, which is scheduled to be held on February 01, 02, 08 and 09, 2020. The online application process for GATE 2020 is already commenced, which will conclude on September 24, 2019. The GATE 2020 result will be declared on March 16, 2020. Candidates can get more relevant information from the official Notification of ONGC.
All the Best job Aspirant Engineers. If you have any queries regarding ONGC Recruitment for Engineers Through GATE 2020 Score, please post on AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Stay in touch through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for regular updates on Higher Education, Career Guidance, Professional courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams and Preparation, Jobs Opening, and education other information.