The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2020 has been released on September 11, 2019, features top Universities in the world. Six Indian Institutes were featured in the top 500 ranks in Global University Rankings 2020. Read the complete article to know about the World and Indian top Universities according to the World University Rankings 2020.
The University of Oxford topped the list of the best universities in the world for the fourth straight year. The second rank on THE World University Rankings 2020 was secured by CalTech or California Institute of Technology, rising three positions from last year’s 5th Rank. The University of Cambridge has fallen from its earlier 2nd position to 3rd Rank in the 2020 edition of World University Rankings. The 4th and 5th Ranks went to Stanford University and MIT, respectively.
For the first time since 2012, NO Indian University or Higher Education Institute was featured in the top 300 world university rankings. However, the total number of Indian entries had gone up from 49 Universities in 2018 to 56 in 2019. In comparison to Indian Universities, 81 Chinese Universities have found place on the Rankings.
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar and Indian Institute of Science Bangalore are the highest-ranking Institutes in the Indian university category, made it to the top 350 universities of the Global University Rankings List 2020. IIT Ropar made a surprise entry and takes the number 1 spot among Indian varsities alongside IISc Bangalore. As compared to 2019’s standing, IISc has slipped in the bracket of 301-350 rank place from the 251-300 ranking last year.
15 Top Indian Universities in the Global University Rankings 2020
After the first 200 rankings of the Institutes, the World University Ranking puts remaining institutes into rank groups rather than individual ranks. So, all Indian Institutes lies in the rank group only. Out of the total number of Indian Higher Education Institutes, 23 Indian varsities have been placed in the 300 – 800 ranking bracket.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc Bangalore): 301-350
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar (IIT Ropar): 301-350
- Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore): 351-400
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay): 401-500
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi): 401-500
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur): 401-500
- Institute of Chemical Technology: 501-600
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (IIT Gandhinagar): 501-600
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT Roorkee):501-600
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham: 601-800
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU): 601-800
- University of Delhi (DU): 601-800
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune: 601-800
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT Bhubaneswar): 601-800
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati): 601-800
This year, the World University Rankings features six Indian universities in the top 500 spots. When compared to the last year rankings, this is an improvement where only five Indian universities made to the top 500.
Top 15 Universities in the World University Rankings 2020
- University of Oxford (United Kingdom)
- California Institute of Technology (United States)
- University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
- Stanford University (United States)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (United States)
- Princeton University (United States)
- Harvard University (United States)
- Yale University (United States)
- University of Chicago (United States)
- Imperial College London (United Kingdom)
- University of Pennsylvania (United States)
- Johns Hopkins University (United States)
- University of California, Berkeley (United States)
- ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
- UCL (United Kingdom)
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 – based on 13 carefully calibrated performance indicators that measure an institution’s performance across Teaching (the learning environment), Research (volume, income and reputation), International outlook (staff, students and research), Citations (research influence) and Industry Income (knowledge transfer).
The World University Rankings 2020 includes almost 1,400 universities across 92 countries, standing as the largest and most diverse university rankings ever to date.
Here you got the information on World and Indian top Universities: World University Rankings 2020. Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding this article in below comment box.
Connect with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for regular updates on Institutes, Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams among education other information.