GATE 2020 Registration: The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi has opened the GATE 2020 registration process from September 01, 2019, through its official website, gate.iitd.ac.in. Candidates can check the details such as eligibility criteria, registration process, fees among other details and apply online before the GATE 2020 last date of registration i.e September 24, 2019.
IIT Delhi started the online application process for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 Examination before two days of the scheduled (announced date i.e September 03). All the candidates who wish to appear in the examination must register themselves by logging into the official website of GATE 2020. Candidates can submit the GATE 2020 application through the official website till September 24, 2019.
In addition, candidates will be able to change the exam centre with additional fee latest by November 15, 2019. The GATE 2020 exam is going to be conducted by IIT Delhi on February 1, 2, 8 and 9 in two shifts, – forenoon shift from 9:30 am to 12:30 am and afternoon shift from 2:30 to 5:30 pm.
The GATE qualification is required for admissions to Postgraduate Engineering Programmes (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering /Technology/Architecture/Science. The Gate score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment and by several Universities in India and abroad for admissions to Engineering Higher Education Programmes. Candidates can check the details such as examination pattern, eligibility criteria and how to apply in this article below.
GATE 2020 Schedule
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||3rd September 2019|
|Last Date to Submit the Online Application Form||24th September 2019|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of Online Application Form (With penalty)||1st October 2019 (Tentative)|
|Last Date to request for a Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||15th November 2019|
|Release of Online Admit Card (for printing)||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Examination||1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2020|
|Announcement of the GATE 2020 Results||16th March 2020|
GATE 2020 Registration Eligibility Criteria
The following candidates are eligible to appear in Gate 2020 Examination–
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (BSc), four years programme.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Maths/Statistics/Computer Applications.
- Four years integrated master’s degree in Engineering/Technology.
- Five years Integrated master’s degree or dual degree in engineering/ technology.
- 4 years’ bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/ Diploma in Engineering.
Students who are in the final year of the above programs will also be eligible to apply for the GATE exam 2020.
How to Register for GATE 2020 Exam?
- Candidates need to visit the official website of GATE 2020.
- On the homepage, click the available registration option. A new window will be opened. The direct link for the GATE Registration.
- Here, enter the necessary details and click on submit.
- Id and Password will be generated.
- Note down the same for Online application.
How to Apply for GATE 2020?
- On the homepage, using the login credentials, log in to the GOAPS portal.
- Now, click on APPLY Online.
- Here, enter the details required in the application form and upload necessary documents.
- Upload signature and photo scanned copy.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Submit the application form.
- Keep a copy of the application form for reference.
GATE 2020 Application Fee
- Unreserved: Rs 1,500
- Women: Rs 750
- SC/ST/PwD: Rs 750
- International: USD 50
GATE Exam Pattern
This year a new Subject “Biomedical Engineering (BM)” is added to the list of 24 exams. Now, the exam will be conducted for 25 subjects including Aerospace engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Agricultural Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Civil Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering among other subjects. But, a candidate is allowed to appear in only one paper in any one session.
The exam will comprise objective type questions and will be conducted in online (computer-based) mode. There will be a total 65 questions to answer in 3 hours for the maximum marks of 100.
Candidates must note that for every wrong answer in MCQ questions, there will be negative marking of 1/3 mark. However, there will be no negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.
READ MORE: PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2019 Score
Stay tuned to AfterGraduation for more and regular updates on Higher Education, Professional Course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams and Preparation, Jobs and Placements, among other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.