The online registration and application process for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2022 has started on Saturday, January 1, 2022, through the official website. The last date for CLAT 2020 registration is March 31, 2022, and the examination is scheduled for May 08, 2022 (Subject to revision in case of necessity).
The entrance exam CLAT 2022 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law courses offered by 22 National Law Universities (NLUs). This year the exam will be conducted in an offline (paper pen) mode from 3:00 pm onwards to 5:00 pm. The candidates have to submit their application form online at the official website of Consortium of National Law Universities, i.e., consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
CLAT 2022 Important Dates
- CLAT 2022 registration Begin date: January 1, 2022
- CLAT 2022 last date of registration: March 31, 2022
- CLAT 2022 exam date: May 8, 2022
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria for the law entrance exam, CLAT 2022 registrations for –
Undergraduate Law Courses –
- Students applying for the five-year integrated law degree should have cleared class 12 or equivalent with a minimum of 45 percent marks or equivalent.
- For candidates belonging to SC or ST category, the minimum marks requirement is 40 percent or equivalent.
- There is no upper age limit to register for CLAT 2022 UG courses.
Postgraduate Law Courses –
- Students appearing in PG-CLAT 2022 need to have at least 50 percent marks or its equivalent in an LLB degree.
- A relaxation of 5 percent marks is allowed for SC and ST category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit to register for CLAT 2022 PG courses.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2022 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2022 examination. At the time of admission, those candidates have to produce proof of their passing the qualifying examination, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
CLAT 2022 Registrations: How to Apply CLAT 2022?
Step 1: Visit the CLAT 2022 official website.
Step 2: on the home page click ‘Register/Login’ link.
Step 3: Register through a valid email id and mobile number and then fill the application form.
Step 4: Upload the documents scanned copy.
Step 5: Make the application fee payment and submit the application form online.
Step 6:Keep a printout out of the submission for future reference.
CLAT 2022 Direct link: Candidates can click here for the direct link to apply for CLAT 2022.
CLAT 2022 Application Fees
The CLAT 2022 application fee is different for different categories, which is as follows:
|General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI category candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST/BPL category candidates||Rs. 3500/-|
The CLAT 2022 application fee is to be paid online only through net banking/credit card or debit card. The bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online have to be borne by the applicants. The Application Fees is non-refundable.
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam will be held through offline (paper-pen) process.
- Medium: The medium of the CLAT 2022 exam will be the English language.
- Duration: The time duration of the CLAT exam is of 120 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer to the question, 1 mark will be awarded to the candidate.
- Maximum Marks: The maximum marks for CLAT 2022 UG admission are 150 and that for PG admission is 120.
- Negative Marking: There will be 0.25 negative marking for every incorrect response.
Syllabus and Weightage for UG-CLAT Exam
- English Language: English comprehension, grammar, synonyms, passages, antonyms, sentence correction, the meaning of words, fill in the blanks. There will be 28-32 questions and it will cover roughly 20% of the exam paper.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: There will be passages related to Indian Constitution, national current affairs, Indian geography, and International current affairs. There will be 35-39 questions and it will cover roughly 25% of the exam paper.
- Legal Reasoning: Constitutional law, jurisprudence, and other law subjects such as contract, torts, criminal law, international law, IPR, etc. There will be 35-39 questions and it will cover roughly 25% of the exam paper.
- Logical Reasoning – There will be 28-32 questions and it will cover roughly 20% of the exam paper.
- Quantitative Techniques: Basic arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, sets, mensuration. (The questions would be of Class 10 level). There will be 13-17 questions and it will cover roughly 10% of the exam paper.
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern For PG Course Admission
- Maximum Marks: The maximum marks for CLAT 2020 PG admission are 150.
- There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of one mark each and also 2 subjective quesions of 25 marks each.
- Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks, 800 words per essay will be based on the topics of law and contemporary issues
- Negative Marking: There will be 0.25 negative marking for every incorrect response for MCQ questions.
- Only candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
Syllabus for CLAT PG Exam
Other Law areas such as Criminal Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, International Law, IPR, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law.
Please post your queries and comments for “CLAT 2022 Registration and Application: Check CLAT Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus and other Details” in the below comment box.
Follow us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for regular updates on Higher education, Postgraduate Courses, Professional course, Entrance Exams & preparation, Career Guidance among other information.