Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level MBA entrance examination, will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on January 28, 2019, instead of earlier declared Jan 27. Earlier All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) used to conduct this exam every year across the country as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The registration cum application process for this computer-based CMAT 2019 exam will start on Thursday, November 01, 2019.
The last date to apply for CMAT 2019 is November 30, 2018, by 10:00 am. The CMAT (Common Management Admission Test) is a three-hour online test which is conducted in a single session to evaluate the candidate’s ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
This test facilitates Institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission in all Management programs (PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management), MBA (Masters in Business Administration), PGCM (Post Graduate Course in Management), Executive PGDM, etc.). The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. The CMAT 2019 will be conducted on 28th January 2019. Here we are providing CMAT 2019 examination details about the application form, eligibility criteria, exam schedule, pattern, etc.
CMAT 2019 Important Dates
|CMAT 2019 advertisement||October 2nd week, 2018|
|CMAT 2019 application process start date||November 01, 2018|
|CMAT 2019 registration end date||November 30, 2018 by 10:00 am|
|Admit card release||January 07, 2019|
|CMAT 2019 exam date||January 28, 2019|
CMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
NTA has laid down the following eligibility criteria of CMAT 2019:
- The applicants should be citizens of India
- Aspirants should have a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognised college/institute or university
- Final year graduation students are also eligible, provided their final result is declared before the commencement of admission.
CMAT 2019 Application Process
The application process of CMAT 2019 is completely online. The CMAT exam centres are expected to be across 62 cities in India. Last year, around 60,000 candidates appeared for the test.
- To fill the application, candidates have to login CMAT official website.
- Read the instructions and register themselves.
- Make the fee payment using online or offline mode.
- After fee payment, fill the remaining details on the application form.
- Candidates are needed to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Check carefully before submitting the application form.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of the application for further use.
READ MORE: Top 10 MBA Entrance Exams To Appear In 2018
CMAT 2019 Application Fee
However, the application fee of Rs. 1400 (General and OBC category) and Rs. 700 (SC/ST/PD category candidates) can be paid in both online as well as offline modes. The modes of payment are as follows:
- Online– This mode includes payment through Credit/Debit Card and Net Banking.
- Offline– This mode includes cash payment in State Bank of India. In this mode, applicants have to select the option to pay by Cash at any of the designated SBI branch. On selecting this option, a Challan will be displayed on the screen with already filled up details. Candidates have to take three printouts of Challan, fill in the details wherever required in all the copies, and visit the nearest SBI bank branch with CASH on the next day of generation of Challan. Cash Deposit will be accepted only from the next day of your Challan generation.
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Duration: The total duration of the exam will be three hours (180 minutes). There is no sectional duration in CMAT.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized in online mode (computer-based test).
- Number of Question: There will be a total of 100 questions asked, 25 questions from each section.
- Type of Question: The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be provided for each correct answer (+4 maks).
- Negative marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 maks).
- The detailed exam pattern is given here:
|Sections||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
|Language Comprehension and||25||100|
CMAT 2019 Admit Card
CMAT 2019 admit card will be released on January 07, 2019 through via online mode. The admit card will also be mailed to the candidate’s registered Email ID. Students name, photograph, signature, roll number, test centre, exam date & timing will be mentioned on the admit card. Without a valid admit card, students will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
CMAT Result and Counseling
The CMAT 2019 result will be announced in the month of February 2019. The CMAT score will be valid for the admission to the academic year of 2019-2020. Students are advised to save the result and take the printout and keep it safe till the admission process gets finished.
The counselling process will be scheduled after the declaration of merit list. A merit list will be prepared according to the relative marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test. Candidates can appear in the counselling organized by various institutions and universities on the basis of CMAT score. Seats will be provided to students on the basis of CMAT scores, filled choices, and availability of seats.
Here you got the details about CMAT 2019 MBA entrance exam. Have any doubts regarding “CMAT 2019 on January 28: Application Process to Starts on Nov. 1, Check More Details”, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum or post your comments or queries in the below comment box.
Connect with us for all latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.
Stay connected for World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by Aftergraduation.