The Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLU) has further extended the CLAT 2021 registration deadline to May 15, 2021. As per the earlier schedule, the last date for submission of online applications for the Common Law Admission Test was April 30, 2021. Interested candidates, who have not registered for the exam yet will now have another 15 days to register for the law entrance test.
Candidates can now apply online for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) through the CNLU official site consortiumofnlus.ac.in till Saturday, May 15. The CLAT 2021 application fee of Rs 4,000 and Rs 3,500 is applicable for open (general) and reserved category candidates respectively.
The decision to extend the CLAT 2021 registration deadline has been made by the Executive Committee of the CNLU, which met on April 28. After reviewing recent developments, the Committee resolved to extend the CLAT 2021 application deadline due to “difficulties faced by students arising out of bank closures and lockdowns.”
The application link was activated on January 1, 2021. The CLAT 2021 examination would be conducted on June 13, 2021, in a single shift- from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Meanwhile, the CLAT 2021 final dates are also expected to change.
The law entrance exam will be conducted for admission to five-year integrated LLB (undergraduate) and LLM (postgraduate) law programmes at participating institutions. A total of 22 National Law Universities (NLUs) consider CLAT score for admission to BA LLB, B.Sc LLB, BBA LLB, B.Com LLB, BSW LLB, and LLM programmes. NLUs offer 2,538 seats in the LLB course and 742 seats in the LLM course.
CLAT 2021 Eligibility
- Candidates who have qualified for the 10+2 or an equivalent examination can apply for the examination.
- Students who have appeared for Class 12 final examinations in 2020 or will appear for the board examinations in 2021 are eligible to apply for the law entrance test.
- Forty-five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories is necessary.
- Candidates are required to score 45% marks or its equivalent grade in the qualifying examination. For SC and ST candidates, the required mark is 40%.
- For LLM admission through CLAT 2021 PG, candidates are required to have an LLB degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade. A 5% relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2021 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2021 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
CLAT 2021 Registration Process
- Visit the CLAT 2021 official website
- Go to the ‘CLAT 2021’ tab and click ‘Register’, enter the mobile number and password.
- Now login to the account with the login credentials.
- Fill in the necessary details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned documents and make the online payment of fee.
- Once done, click on submit.
- Your application has been submitted. Download the page for further need.
Please post your queries and comments for “CLAT 2021 Registration and Application, CLAT 2021 Eligibility, Exam Pattern, and other Details” in the below comment box.
Connect with us for regular updates, follow us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also for Higher education, Postgraduate Courses, Professional course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information.