CCMT 2019 Counselling For PG Engineering Admission: CCMT, Centralized Counseling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. is an online process for admission in postgraduate programmes in regional technical institutes which include NITs (National Institute of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology)and CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions). The process is based on the GATE score of the year 2017, 2018 and 2019.
CCMT was first initiated in the year 2012 for centralized admission for PG engineering programmes. The students who want to apply for engineering postgraduate programmes in NITs, IIITs and reputed Centrally Funded Technical Institutions can apply for CCMT 2019. Students having valid GATE score of the year 2017, 2018 and 2019 are eligible to appear for CCMT 2019.
This system of centralization has replaced the older system where students have to apply individually to various Institutes and attend the selection process (interview/counselling) of every Institute applied for. The past counselling system caused a lot of difficulties to students such as filling multiple applications, travelling long distances to various Institutes across the country and missing some Institutes due to overlapping of admission dates.
Interested and eligible candidate for postgraduate engineering admission to NITs, IIITs and CFITs can check this article for CCMT 2019 schedule, admission process, Eligibility Criteria, Application form, Seat allotment process, participating Institutes details among other related information.
READ Too: IIT Jodhpur MTech Admission 2019
CCMT 2019 Important Dates
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Advertisement Realising||Last week of March 2019|
|2||Registrations opens for CCMT 2019||1st week of April 2019|
|3||Registration last date and Payment of Application Fee||2nd week of May 2019|
|4||Final Date for Choice Filling||2nd week of May 2019|
|5||Choice Locking||2nd week of May 2019|
|6||Round 1 of Seat Allotment||3rd week of May 2019|
|7||Round 2 for Seat Allotment||Last week of May 2019|
|8||Round 3 for Seat Allotment||2nd week of June 2019|
|9||Payment of Provisional Admission Confirmation Fee||3rd to 4th week of June 2019|
|10||Registration for National Spot Round||1st week of July 2019|
|11||Final Date of Choice Filling||3rd week of July 2019|
|12||National Spot Round||3rd week of July 2019|
CCMT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
As only GATE qualifiers can apply for CCMT 2019. Below are the eligibility criteria to apply for CCMT 2019 M.Tech/ M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. admission 2019.
- Candidates should have a valid GATE score of the year 2017/ 2018/ 2019.
- Candidates must have a qualifying degree and General/OBC category students should have at least 6.5 CGPA out of 10 and for the students who belong to the category of SC/ST/PwD should have at least 6.0 CGPA out of 10.
- Candidates in the final year of the qualifying degree are also eligible to appear for CCMT 2019 counselling process. The allotment of the seat is subject to submission of qualifying degree at the time of admission.
- All these programmes may have their own eligibility criteria. Certain institutes have their specific eligibility criteria for their programmes. Students are advised to refer to the eligibility norms of the institute.
CCMT 2019 Application Form
CCMT will release its application forms in the first week of April 2019 and it will close in May 2019. Candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website of CCMT 2019.
Below given are some points related to the application forms-
- The candidates who are going to apply for the application form for CCMT 2019 will first have to get registered himself/herself.
- After registration candidates will get a link which will be embedded on the official website of CCMT.
- Then candidates have to fill the details requisite in the application form of CCMT 2019.
- After filling the application form the candidates have to pay the fees as per their category. The fees should be paid through online mode by using a debit/credit card or net banking.
CCMT 2019 Application Fee
- For General/OBC category students the fees is Rs. 2200/-
- For SC/ST/PwD category students the fees is Rs. 1700/-
CCMT Seat Allotment Process
The allotment of seats for the registered candidates will be done online by the authorities according to their merit, preferences of colleges and courses, availability of seats and other eligibility criteria. Candidates while filling the application form needs to fill and lock their choices (Institute and Branch) in order of their preference.
Based on the preference of choices and performance in GATE, candidates will be allotted seat. The allotments letters will not be sent to any individual candidate all the allotment letter will be released online. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 20,000 as seat acceptance fee and can download their provisional allotment letter. The amount should be paid through SBI MOPS. The allotment process will be having three rounds which will be conducted by the authorities of CCMT 2019.
- Floating: The candidate can choose this option for, to wait for higher preferred choices across the institutes in further rounds of allotment.
- Sliding: The candidates can choose this option for, if they are considering allotment in higher preferred choices within the institute during further rounds of allotment.
- Freezing: The candidates can choose this option if they are satisfied with their allotted seat for the admission in CCMT 2019.
Document Verification at Reporting Centres
The nearest reporting centers, where the selected candidates will have to verify their documents, along with this the candidate will also have to decide their options while present at the reporting centre-
Document Verification Certificate (DVC) will be issued to the candidates who verified their documents. Below given are some name of documents along with the set of self-attested copies that has to be brought and submitted by the candidates:
- The Print out of the registration form and choice filling,
- Provisional seat allotment letter,
- Photo ID proof,
- Proof of payment of seat acceptance fee,
- GATE Score Card (self-attested copy),
- Proof of age – Birth certificate or Secondary (10th) standard certificate
- 12th standard mark sheet,
- Mark sheet of qualifying exam for all semesters,
- Degree/Provisional certificate (if degree is completed),
- Category certificate (if applicable),
- Migration certificate of last institute attended,
- Three colour passport size photographs,
- Transfer certificate from the last attended Institution HEAD, last attended,
- Conduct/Character certificate from the last attended institution’s Head
CCMT 2019 Participating Institute
- MNIT, Jaipur
- Dr. B R Ambedkar NIT, Jalandhar
- Maulana Azad NIT, Bhopal
- Motilal Nehru NIT, Allahabad
- NIT, Agartala
- NIT, Calicut
- NIT, Delhi
- NIT, Durgapur
- NIT, Goa
- NIT, Hamirpur
- NIT, Karnataka, Surathkal
- NIT, Meghalaya
- NIT, Nagaland
- NIT, Patna
- NIT, Puducherry
- NIT, Raipur
- NIT, Sikkim
- NIT, Arunachal Pradesh
- NIT, Jamshedpur
- NIT, Kurukshetra
- NIT, Manipur
- NIT, Rourkela Coordinating institute for CCMT 2019
- NIT, Silchar
- NIT, Srinagar
- NIT, Tiruchirappalli
- NIT, Warangal
- Sardar Vallabhbhai NIT, Surat
- Visvesvaraya NIT, Nagpur
- NIT, Uttarakhand
- NIT, Mizoram
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee IIIT & Management (ABV-IIITM) Gwalior
- IIIT, Allahabad
- IIIT, Design & Manufacturing (IIITD & M) Kancheepuram, Chennai
- Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra IIIT, Design & Manufacture (IIITDM ) Jabalpur
- National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Ranchi
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal
- School of Planning & Architecture (SPA): Vijayawada
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, District Howrah
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Punjab Engineering College (PEC) University of Technology, Chandigarh
- IIIT Vadodara
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Katra
- University of Hyderabad
- Central University of South Bihar Patna.
This article is based on the last year’s information. More updates will be shared soon, official notification is released. Candidates must keep on checking AfterGraduation for all the latest information about M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan Admissions 2019 offered in NITs, CFTIs and some IIITs through CCMT 2019.
READ ALSO: How To Download GATE 2019 Admit Card?
If you have any queries or comments regarding CCMT 2019 counselling, please post on the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.