The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 Exam will be held online by IIT Delhi on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020 for 25 papers. A separate exam in “Architecture and Planning (AR)” discipline is conducted for the Architecture Students. It is high time for the GATE 2020 Architecture And Planning aspirants, to start their preparation in a serious and intense manner.
Architecture and Planning Engineering is one of the top intellectual and recognized disciplines. Aspirants who wish to apply for the GATE 2020 examination will have to register themselves by filling the application form, which will be available from September 3 to October 1, 2019.
Before to start the preparation, GATE 2020 aspirants must make a roadmap of proper planning strategy to reach the aim of better GATE 2020 Score. The AfterGraduation here brings the GATE 2020 Architecture And Planning Syllabus, books to be referred for GATE AR preparation, GATE AR exam pattern and Guidance for preparing and scoring well in Architecture And Planning GATE 2020 exam.
Architecture And Planning GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
A clear understanding of the GATE 2020 exam pattern is utmost required to start the preparation. The GATE exam is online and the questions asked are Multiple Choice type (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Types (NAT). Generally, there are 3 sections in the GATE exam paper but for GATE AR Exam, there are 2 sections.
1) Architecture Engineering and Planning (85%)
2) General Aptitude (15%)
General Aptitude (GA) problems are based on basic mathematics, logics and English skills. The most important part is the Engineering part. This section is comparatively difficult and requires a sincere effort. The Subject related questions in the paper will be of graduation level. The total marks of the GATE AR paper will be 100.
|Examination Mode||Computer-based (Online)Test|
|No. of questions||65|
|Sections||General Aptitude and Subject Specific|
- General Aptitude: 5 questions carry 1 mark each (Subtotal 5 marks) while the other 5 questions carry 2 marks each (Subtotal 10 marks).
- Architecture & Planning Engineering: 25 questions carry 1 mark each (Subtotal 25 marks). Also, the rest 30 questions carry 2 marks (subtotal 60 marks) for every correct answer.
Note: There is no negative marking for Numerical Type. However, a 1/3rd negative marking will be done for both 1 and 2 marks question of MCQ for any wrong response
GATE 2020 AR Preparation Tips
1. It is important to have thorough about the current exam pattern and syllabus.
2. Study materials: Choose books and study materials which are the best for you. There are several standard study materials available in the market. Choose the one with the best explanations and which is easy to understand.
3. Time table: An efficient study plan is consists of the time table with sufficient time allocated for every section. Know your weak areas. Allot time in a way so as to cover every topic efficiently without costing the time for other sections.
4. Practice as many questions as possible: Doing so not only highlights your weak areas but also helps you to manage the time. It also brings out a variety of questions which might be new.
5. Prepare a Note Book: These are very handy during the examination. While preparation, prepare a handbook containing important formulae and short notes. This handbook will work as a quick guide for revision. This will help you to give a fast look at concept and formulas during exam time. So during preparation days, whenever you find some important concept or trick while solving problems, note it down.
6. Practice GATE Sample Papers: After completing one section or topic, practice the sample paper and questions based on that. The important exercise in GATE Preparation is to practice more and more questions with the help of previous year GATE papers, Sample papers. This will not only improve your speed but also accuracy.
7. GATE Mock Test: Mock test is the simulation of the GATE exam and is online. Candidates are advised to attempt it regularly so that they get a fair idea of the actual entrance test. The GATE Mock Test will have an online calculator, timer and, will just be like the real GATE exam. So it is advantageous to attempt it in order to get a feel of the exam.
8. It is very important to keep a healthy mind and body. Do not forget to take adequate sleep and eat healthily.
Candidates can check how best to go for the Architecture and Planning GATE 2020 preparation and also the books needed. Some major checkpoints for preparation are as below –
- Identify your weak areas and plan to improve on
- Make an improvement plan & track the progress
READ ALSO: GATE Scores For PSU Recruitment
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE is a gateway for engineering and science students seeking admissions into the premier engineering institutions such as IITs, NITs and several other prestigious institutions for postgraduate studies in engineering.
Drop all your Suggestions, queries and comments regarding ‘Architecture And Planning GATE 2020 Syllabus, Reference Books, Preparation Strategy’ on our AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box and we would be happy to help you.
Stay in touch with us for updates on Entrance Exam Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams Information, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.