The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) has released the GATE 2020 exam schedule on the official GATE website. GATE 2020 examination for 25 papers will be conducted across 8 sessions in four days from February 1, 2020, to February 9, 2020.
The GATE examination will be held in two shifts in a day —forenoon 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and in afternoon 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering applicants can check the GATE 2020 exam schedule as mentioned below in this article. The results of GATE 2020 exam will be announced on March 16, 2020.
GATE 2020 Exam Schedule
- February 01, 2020 (Saturday): ME-1, IN, MT, PE, PH from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 01, 2020 (Saturday): ME-2, CY, PI from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 02, 2020 (Sunday): AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 02, 2020 (Sunday): AE, AG, EC, GG from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 08, 2020 (Saturday): EE, EY, TF from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session)
- February 08, 2020 (Saturday): CS from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
- February 09, 2020 (Sunday): CE (two sessions CE-1 and CE-2) from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST) (Forenoon Session) and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST) (Afternoon Session)
* IST: Indian Standard Time
GATE 2020 Subjects Code and Exam Sessions
GATE 2020 Exam Schedule: Multi-Session Papers
GATE 2020 Exam Schedule: Single-Session Papers
AE – Aerospace Engineering
GG – Geology and Geophysics
AG – Agricultural Engineering
IN – Instrumentation Engineering
AR – Architecture and Planning
MA – Mathematics
BT – Biotechnology
MN – Mining Engineering
CH – Chemical Engineering
MT – Metallurgical Engineering
CS – Computer Science and Information Technology
PE – Petroleum Engineering
CY – Chemistry
PH – Physics
EC – Electronics and Communication Engineering
PI – Production and Industrial Engineering
EE – Electrical Engineering
ST – Statistics
EY – Ecology and Evolution
TF – Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
BM – Biomedical Engineering
Highlights of GATE 2020 Examination Schedule
- GATE 2020 will be held in two sessions per day on February 1, 2, 8 & 9, 2020.
- CE (Civil Engineering) and ME (Mechanical Engineering) papers/subjects have a large number of applicants so will be held in multiple sessions across all centres in a single day.
- GATE exams of IN, ME1, MT, PE, PH papers will be held in the forenoon session on February 1.
- The exams of GATE CY, ME2, PI papers will be held in the afternoon session on the same day, February 1.
- The exams of GATE AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL papers will be held in the forenoon session on February 2, while the exams of AE, AG, EC, GG papers will be held in the afternoon session on the same day.
- The exams of EE, EY, TF papers will be held in the forenoon session on February 8.
- GATE CS (Computer Sc. and Information Technology) is being held on Sunday, February 8, 2020 in afternoon session.
- GATE ME paper (Mechanical Engineering) will be held on February 1, 2020, Saturday in both the sessions.
- GATE CE paper (Civil Engineering) exclusively will be held on February 9, 2020, Sunday in both two sessions. There are no other papers scheduled on this day.
- All other papers are being held in single sessions or a sectional single session.
GATE 2020 Examination Admit Card
Admit Card will be available on the online application portal of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) (for downloading and printing) from January 03, 2020 Friday.
GATE 2020 Examination
A candidate who will qualify GATE 2020, a national level entrance exam would not only open the gateway for postgraduate engineering courses (M.E., M.Tech, direct PhD) in IISc/IITs/NITs but also can have the opportunity for PSU recruitment (Public Sector Undertakings).
The GATE 2020 examination result will be announced on March 16, 2020. After the announcement of the result, candidates will be called for the counselling process which will start in the month of April 2020.
AfterGraduation wishes all the very best to the GATE 2020 Aspirants.
If you have any queries regarding GATE 2020 Exam Pattern, Application form Corrections, Admit card etc, you can post either on the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay tuned to AfterGraduation for more and regular updates on Higher Education, Professional Course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams and Preparation, Jobs and Placements, among other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.