Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) has released Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, GATE 2020 admit card for the candidates enrolled successfully for this exam. Candidates who have applied successfully for the examination are required to download the hall ticket for the GATE 2020 exam from the official website.
GATE 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2020, in two sessions viz forenoon from 9:30 am to 12:30 noon and afternoon from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm across the country. About 8.6 lakh candidates have registered for this exam.
Candidate must bring a print-out of Admit Card for the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document, which was specified during the filling up of the GATE 2020 exam online application.
The GATE 2020 Admit Card carries the important instructions for the candidates along with important information like Registration Id, Roll Number, Venue, Date of Examination, Time/Session and Subject details.
While GATE exam is a gateway for various postgraduate and doctoral programmes offered in Indian Educational Institutions – IITs, IISC, NITs and various prestigious institutes, pertaining to Engineering, Technology and Architecture.
A candidate qualifying GATE 2020, a national level entrance examwould not only open the gateway (admission) for postgraduate engineering courses (M.E., M.Tech, direct PhD) in IISc/IITs/NITs but also can have the opportunity for PSU recruitment (Public Sector Undertakings) process.
All the candidates aspirants for PSU Jobs, would be required to provide their GATE 2020 registration id or roll number which would be available on the GATE 2020 admit card.
The GATE 2020 examination result will be announced tentatively on March 16, 2020. After the announcement of the result, candidates will be called for the counselling process which will start in the month of April 2020.
Earlier last month, IIT Delhi had released the exam schedule for GATE 2020
- February 01, 2020 (Saturday) Forenoon Session: Subject Code ME-1, IN, MT, PE, PH from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST)
- February 01, 2020 (Saturday) Afternoon Session: Subject Code ME-2, CY, PI from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST)
- February 02, 2020 (Sunday) Forenoon Session: Subject Code AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST)
- February 02, 2020 (Sunday) Afternoon Session: Subject Code AE, AG, EC, GG from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST)
- February 08, 2020 (Saturday) Forenoon Session: Subject Code EE, EY, TF from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST)
- February 08, 2020 (Saturday) Afternoon Session: Subject Code CS from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST)
- February 9, 2020 (Sunday) Forenoon Session: Subject Code CE-1 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (IST)
- February 9, 2020 (Sunday) Afternoon Session: Subject Code CE-2 from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (IST)
* IST: Indian Standard Time
How to Download GATE 2020 Admit Card?
The GATE 2020 Admit card will not be sent by email or post to the candidate. Candidates follow the below step-wise process to download the admit card of GATE 2020:
- Access official website of GATE 2020
- Click on the admit card download link.
- Log-in the GATE 2020 dashboard using GATE enrollment ID or registered email ID and password details.
- On successful log-in, the GATE 2020 Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check that all the details mentioned on it are legible and correct.
- Download the admit card and take a printout.
GATE exam will be of 3-hour duration, consists of 65 questions carrying 1 and 2 marks totalling to 100 marks. There will be negative marking for the wrong response except for numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
For the GATE Exam, personal calculators, wristwatches, mobile phones and other electronic devices are not allowed in the examination halls. However, You can use a virtual scientific calculator available on the computer screen for the computation. For rough work, candidates will be provided with scribble pads on demand from invigilator.
GATE Exam require continuous passion, higher concentration, determination and hard work to succeed.
AfterGraduation wishes all the very best to the GATE 2020 Aspirants.
If you have any queries regarding GATE 2020 Exam Pattern, Application form Corrections, Admit card etc, you can post either on the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay tuned to AfterGraduation through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more and regular updates on Higher Education, Professional Course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams and Preparation, Jobs and Placements, among other information.