GATE 2020 Exam Guidelines: The Indian Institute of Delhi (IITD) is all set to conduct Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering GATE 2020 on February 1, 2, 8, and 9. The computer based online examination will be held in forenoon (from 09:30 am to 12:30 pm) and / or afternoon (from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm) session.
On the first day February 01, examination for IN, ME, MT, PE, PH, CY, PI will be held and on February 02, exam for AR, AE, AG, BM, BT, CH, EC, GG MA, MN, ST, XE, XL, will be conducted. Examination for EE, EY, TF, and CS is due to be held on February 08 and the paper for CE will be held on February 09, 2020. After the exam, GATE answer key will be released.
If you are appearing for any of the 25 GATE papers then you must know these important guidelines for the examination.
GATE 2020 Exam Guidelines
What to Carry: This is the most important thing to know. On the exam day, you must have a coloured print copy of the GATE 2020 admit card and one valid and Original ID proof. Candidates are also allowed to carry a pen as well.
- A valid photo ID card can be Aadhar card / voter id / PAN card / college id / employee id / driving license etc are allowed.
- International registered candidates are required to carry their passport / college id / government issued id / employee id for identification purposes.
What should not be carried: To solve the questions, an on-screen virtual calculator will be provided, so students are suggested not to carry any Watches, mobile phones, electronic devices charts, tables, etc. are banned at the exam hall. Other than this, candidates should also not carry bags and valuable items as well because at the center there will be no provision for safekeeping.
Reporting and other timings: Candidates have to reach exam hall 60 minutes before the exam time. Candidates will be allowed to take seats 45 minutes before the exam and 20 minutes before the exam, candidates can login and read the exam instructions.
Verification at exam hall: Photographs and fingerprints of the test-takers might be captured at the time of examination.
Other important instructions
- Candidates cannot leave the exam hall before the end of the exam.
- GATE is a 3 hour examination. After that, the system will automatically shut down.
- Scribble pad will be provided for rough work at the exam hall. Before leaving the exam hall, Make sure to return it. Candidates have to write their name and registration number on it.
- The candidates are adviced not tamper with the computer or any other related hardware present in the examination hall.
GATE 2020 Dress Code
The GATE 2020 conducting authority, IIT Delhi has not specified any dress code for the examination, however, candidates are advised to:
- Wear simple and basic clothes.
- Do not wear anything with too many pockets or anything which arises suspicion during frisking.
- Since it is winters, keep yourself warm with jackets.
- Do not wear any loose items or baggy clothes, it also makes frisking time taking.
- Try not to wear any ornaments, metal items.
- It is advised not to wear caps, goggles, etc.
GATE 2020 Last Minute Preparation Tips
Very less time is left for the examination,so this is not the correct time to learn something new. Instead, this is the time to shift the focus on reading and going through the small notebook which we have suggested during the preparation time. Solving earlier solved GATE exam paper can help in brushing up all the theoretical knowledg.
to boost up your confidence. Solving these will help in brushing up all the theoretical knowledge and make familiar with the type of questions and difficulty level in the exam.
Other than this, try not to take stress as it reduces productivity and becomes the cause of low performance. Candidates should also pay attention to their health by eating healthy and getting enough sleep.
AfterGraduation wishes all the very best to the GATE 2020 Aspirants.
If you have any queries regarding GATE 2020 Exam Pattern, Application form Corrections, Admit card etc, you can post either on the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay tuned to AfterGraduation through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more and regular updates on Higher Education, Professional Course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams and Preparation, Jobs and Placements, among other information.