Candidates appearing for Agricultural Engineering (AG) subject in GATE 2021 must know GATE 2021 Agricultural Engineering syllabus, Best reference books to study, GATE 2021 Exam Pattern and preparation tips of the subject for better GATE score. It is time for the Agricultural Engineering GATE 2021 Exam aspirants, to start burning the midnight oil in a serious and intense manner, as only a few months left for the GATE exam.
GATE i.e. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a national level examination held all over India. The GATE score/rank is a gateway for admissions to postgraduate studies in engineering. (ME, MTech, MS, Direct PhD) in institutes like IITs, IISc and other prestigious Institutes as well as by PSUs in recruitment.
The GATE 2020 examination was conducted for 25 different fields (Subjects) and Agricultural Engineering is one of them. Since GATE 2021 examination will be conducted in the first week of February 2021 by IIT Bombay.
Candidates must be aware of all the details required. Check out the article to know more about the pattern, preparation tips, preparation time table, scope, study materials etc.
Agricultural Engineering GATE 2021 Exam Pattern
The examination will be a computer-based examination with two types of questions. These are Objective type and Numerical Type. In Numerical Type, some numerical value has to be answered without any options provided.
|Examination Mode||Computer-based Test|
|No. of questions||65|
|Sections||General Aptitude, Mathematics and Subject Specific|
- General Aptitude: 5 questions carry 1 mark each while the other 5 questions carry 2 marks each.
- Mathematics: 5 questions carry 1 mark each and other 5 questions carry 2 marks each.
- Agriculture Engineering: 20 questions carry 1 mark each. Also, the rest 25 questions carry 2 marks for every correct answer. Approximately equal weightage is given to the questions from 3 sections of GATE 2021 Agricultural Engineering Syllabus â Farm Machinery, Post-Harvest, Soil & Water and Irrigation & Drainage.
Note: There is no negative marking for Numerical Type. However, a negative marking of 1/3 will be done for both 1 and 2 marks question of MCQ.
GATE 2021 AG Preparation Tips
1. It is important to have thorough about the current exam pattern and syllabus.
2. Study materials: Choose books and study materials which are the best for you. There are several standard study materials available in the market. Choose the one with the best explanations and which is easy to understand.
3. Time table: An efficient study plan is consists of the time table with sufficient time allocated for every section. Know your weak areas. Allot time in a way so as to cover every topic efficiently without costing the time for other sections.
4. Practice as many questions as possible. Doing so not only highlights your weak areas but also helps you to manage the time. It also brings out a variety of questions which might be new.
5. Do not forget to make notes. These are very handy during the examination. Include important concepts, formulas in the notes. These will help in revision at the 20th hour.
6. It is very important to keep a healthy mind and body. Do not forget to take adequate sleep and eat healthily.
Agricultural Engineering GATE 2021 Books
Preparation Plan for 6 Months
First of all, relax! Thereâs an ample time left to thoroughly prepare for the examination and crack. Secondly, make an examination plan to properly divide the time. There are still 6-7 months left for the preparation.
- The technical section is considered the toughest of all the sections. Hence, Give this the maximum time. 3 months should be given to the technical section for its preparation and also for the practising of the questions.
- Engineering Mathematics and General aptitude are considered scoring. Hence, give each 1 month for the preparation. There are many several contents available online for aptitude questions to be cracked by easy tricks.
- The last month must solely be given for the revision of the important topics marked during the initial preparation. This month must also be dedicated to the practising of the mock tests.
ALSO READ: Scope Of Engineering From Core To New Technologies With More Career Opportunities
Please share your inputs and suggestions to bring more useful articles for GATE aspirants. Post your all queries and comments regarding âGATE 2021 Agricultural Engineering Syllabus and AG Exam Patternâ in the below comment box or on AfterGraduation Forum and we would be happy to help you.
Stay connected with us for updates on Entrance Exam Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams Information, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.